September 4, 2023
This site was easy to pull in and out of (23LDE Grand Design). If coming from Palmer, there is a pull off just past the entrance that I would recommend turning around at. That made getting in and out pretty simple.
We loved the area - lots of river bank to walk and some areas that were safe enough to cross. There was some road noise - but nothing that some music couldn’t drown out. Overall, recommend - will be booking again!
Shawn S.doesn't recommend
August 18, 2023
Unsafe Private Property Campground
HipCamp Confirmation Number: 1879893
1) The entrance to this Private Property and Unofficial Campground; North 40 - River's Edge, had no signage on either side of the road, a busy single-lane highway and very difficult to find.
2) The angle of the narrow driveway down to the property was very steep. It is in no way accessible for an RV of any length.
3) Major concern; It was raining heavily. I was afraid I would be unable to evacuate in a safe manner due to property conditions being muddy, and my vehicle would get stuck. I did not feel safe at this property.
4) Due to the remoteness of property, there is no cell service. Nowhere on the HipCamp website, app or owner's information is it listed as a "Boondocking" campground.
5) The drop-off at the edge of my assigned space number 1 and the Matanuska River is roughly two feet and is quite dangerous.
6) I tried several times to call or otherwise contact the "Owner/Operator"; an Esther Sanderlin, by cell, text and messaging via HipCamp, to no avail.
My personal experience was negative. I am requesting a full refund for both of the nights I purchased to camp at North 40 - River's Edge Campground. I do not recommend this private property as a campground.
August 5, 2023
We enjoyed our stay! Quick and easy to book, and able to find without much difficulty. A beautiful landscape for a relaxing, quiet night. Will definitely be back!
August 3, 2023
I was in need of a quiet re-set and Esther’s riverside haven did not disappoint! Surrounded by mountains & soothed by river song,
I was fortunate to be the only soul in camp. Pitched my tent, cooked over a small fire,
Felt much gratitude for so much beauty. Esther is a great communicator!
July 13, 2023
Been road tripping x 6 weeks in Northern America and so far, this is the best campsite I have ever experienced. Secluded, right beside a fast flowing river with mountains in the far horizon.
July 12, 2023
This is a little piece of paradise! Ester was gracious enough to have firewood for us for the fire pit. Lots of gravel bars to explore and tons of cool rocks to find for those rock hounders! Can’t wait to go back and stay, it’s a beautiful quiet spot and you won’t be disappointed with the majestic views. Thank you Ester for the quick communication whenever I had any questions! Highly recommend this campsite!!!