This tiny, magical, rustic, cabin is situated overlooking a large pond on a private property of 200+ acres. Though the cabin is very small (about 8x10 ft with an upstairs sleeping loft) it is quaint and lovingly made with hand split cedar shingles and locally harvested wood. Outhouse and no running water - drinking water provided. The main house is situated behind the cabin, but out of sight, so there is plenty of privacy.
This cabin looks like a fairy tale - nestled beneath tall Scotch pines and though small - well equipped. It has a single cot on the main floor and there are two large camping pads in the upstairs loft. Make no mistake - this is camping - but in a delightful setting.
It has a wood stove, an antique (but functional) propane cookstove and a boutique outhouse (as outhouses go - pure luxury). Included is the (shared with inhabitants) use of the beach picnic area with a fire pit, benches, chairs, hammock and screened tent.
Interaction with guests
Guests are asked to respect the privacy of the owners and tenants that live on the property. The cabin is not within sight of the main houses but is within earshot - we expect guests to be quiet and respectful. If guest needs assistance we can be reached by text or phone.
Other things to note
1.It is a few hundred yards from parking area to cabin. Be prepared to carry your gear that distance.
2. You will need sleeping/camping gear! There is a lantern provided but guests must have their own necessities (lights, cookware/flatware etc.) There is a cast iron fry pan and some various cups and utensils.
3. Fire is allowed in wood stove and the fire pit at the beach only. If you need assistance please ask before attempting to make a fire.
Please be very careful and use restraint. There is some firewood available for both locations.
4. Drinking water will be provided in the form of a 5 gallon igloo water cooler - it is excellent quality springwater from the property. We will provide as much as needed. Swimming in the pond is allowed (at guest's own risk). Please be respectful of the picnic area and various furniture and items stored there.
5. Pets must be kept under control and attended.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
- Response time: Within an hour
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Adirondack Tiny Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
i went for a quick getaway with my wife and our australian shepherd puppy. we loved our stay on the edge of the adirondack state park. The site is truly aesthetically pleasing. You have a private pond all to yourself along with a wonderful firepit. The owners provide wood along with fire starter supplies. There are Canoes and kayaks if you so desire to go out on the pond. prepare to carry your gear from the road to the actual cabin. The cabin has no electricity, a true tiny camp experience! It’s heated but a small wood stove which easily heats the whole space. You can choose from a cot on the ground level or sleeping in wonderful loft above. i would reccomend this site to any tiny camp or cabin lover alike, not to mention the location is stunning.
This cabin is the perfect tiny space! I stayed here at the start of the new year with a friend. It's in a great location to explore the ADKs and sooooooo cozy! It was so nice to just sit in the rocking chair right next to the fire. I never wanted to leave! Super helpful that there was already a jug of water in there, and plenty of firewood! I can't wait to come back and hang out by the pond when the snow is gone!