This beautiful location on the East Side of Hawai`i Island is in an idyllic organic sheep pasture. A Tibetan Buddhist Temple is hidden in the same valley, a 20 minute walk from the campsite. Punalu`u Black Sand Beach is 20 minutes away, and Green Sands Beach or South Point are a 40 minute drive. Great hiking on the slopes of Mauna Loa nearby.
Bring your own camping gear, or rent one of our Big Agnes Stonehut tents complete with memory foam queen or twin mattresses.
We have outdoor showers, with some on-demand propane water heaters. A porta-potty is onsite.
- Check in: After 1PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: More than 24 hours
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Spirit Seeds Permaculture Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Our experience with Spirit Seeds was not the best, but could be easily improved with a few details on the owner's part. By the time you read this review, these things may already be fixed, so take this with a grain of salt.
1) The wooden camping platforms on the farm are within a goat and sheep enclosure. We had no problem with this as these animals are harmless. However, there was goat poop all over the camping platforms, rendering them unusable for us. The camping gear provided (mattress and tent) was generously offered but we ended up not being able to use it since the platforms were dirty. We opted to sleep in our car instead.
2) Communication with the owner was a little bit difficult. She didn't answer our questions via Hipcamp message and did not get in touch with us until 5:30pm on the day of our reservation. We also had a bit of trouble finding the farm, given that google maps leads you a bit farther down the road than the actual address. We had to search for the address number on gates in the dark until we found the right one.
If these things can be improved, I'm sure Spirit Seeds will be a great place to stay.