HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I still can't stop thinking about what a great, great time my wife and I had at Gingers "Black Bear RV Pad" last week! I've got so many things to say that I had to make a list...
1) THE VIEW!!!! You park your RV and are greeted with the most breathtaking view of the south side of the Great Smoky Mountains!
I couldn't stop taking pictures. The sunlight and clouds and time of day make those powerful hills look different at any given moment. The view from the site alone is worth the price of admission!
2) Full RV hookup - water, sewer and any electrical you need just like the best resorts!
3) You are parking your camper right in Gingers backyard - her house and property are gorgeous and Black Bear Pad, as she calls it, is clean, flat and huge. It was enough space for our 24 foot travel trailer and F150 - no problem. Gingers has the whole place beautifully landscaped and manicured. It's really outstanding.
4) You are 3 minutes from downtown Bryson City which is the coolest little mountain town I've ever been to, with nice shops and great places to eat and 2 fine brewpubs! They do have a full size grocery store in town for anything you may need and the Great Smoky Mtns Railroad runs right through downtown. Bryson City really has a great mountain feel to it.
5) You are very close to the main entrance to GSMNP and Cherokee NC, but even closer (5 minute drive) to the Deep Creek Entrance to the park. There are easy and moderate trails to hike and bike here and three (3!) waterfalls. You can rent a tube to float down the creek ($5 all day) and swim here too (it's real cold water!) We saw a black bear on our morning walk at Deep Creek!
6) You are just 20 minutes to " the gorge" and Nantahala Outdoor Center - one of the premier outfitters in the US and some serious white water rafting. We chickened out on this - but next time?......maybe???
7) An hour away from the town of Asheville NC - a hot bed of craft breweries, great food and shopping.
8) By far, the best thing of all was the way we were treated by Ginger and her cousins Kathy and Jim. They made sure we had everything we needed and more. I feel like I have been given a seminar in true southern hospitality. I really can't wait to go back next year. I am hooked on the great outdoor beauty of the area, the mountain vibe and the southern charm of the wonderful friends we made! Thank You so much again Ginger, Jim and Kathy!
We hope all is well with you guys....
Jeff and Debbie