Camping at Heritage Farms
47 sites · Lodging, Tents115 acres · Peninsula, OHHeritage Farms was founded in 1848 by my great great uncle, Lawson Waterman. I am the 5th generation to farm the land and carry on the legacy that started 175 years ago. Each generation has done something different with the land. My father started raising Christmas trees on the farm in 1955. I took over in 1979, growing Christmas trees and other crops. Today, our focus is agrotourism. Besides growing Christmas trees, we host a Handcrafted Artisan Market 6 times during the the summer months and celebrate fall with our month-long Pumpkin Pandemonium in October. We added camping 8 years ago after a trip to Denmark, where we saw our first camping shelters.
THINGS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW BEFORE BOOKING:
1. Sites 1 through 6 have a shelter and room for 2 tents. Sites A through J are tent sites only, with room for 3 tents. All sites are limited to a maximum of 6 campers
2. All vehicles (except bicycles) must park in the parking lot.
3. No vehicles may be driven into the camping area at any time.
4. You must carry all your gear to your camp site. We have wheeled carts for you to use.
5. Our Ohio Primitive Camping License does not allow for any wheeled camping on the farm. This includes car camping, truck campers, popups, RV's, and any other wheeled camping vehicle.
6. Due to Summit County Health Regulations, we can not provide any water. Please bring in all your drinking and wash water. You can also purchase 1 gallon jugs when you make your reservation or upon arrival at Heritage Farms using our Paypal QR code or with cash.
7. No outside firewood may be brought on to Heritage Farms property. Firewood is available for purchase when you make your reservation. There is a discount for buying your firewood at the time you make your reservation. We deliver firewood to you, it will be waiting at your site upon your arrival with your free bundle of kindling. You may also purchase firewood when you arrive at Heritage Farms using our Paypal QR code, with credit card or with cash.
8. Check-in is from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. If you will be arriving after 7:00pm, please let us know your estimated time of arrival. If we know you are arriving after dark, we will mark your site with a solar light. Check-out is before 10:00am.
9. Only registered Hipcamp campers are allowed on property. There is a public picnic area 1/4 mile south of the farm if you would like to socialize with friends and family, who are not camping at Heritage Farms.
10. DOG POLICY: Dogs are welcome WITH PRIOR PERMISSION ONLY from the farm owners. We limit the number of dogs on property each day. There is a dog registration form you must fill out when you arrive, so be sure you have your dog's rabies tag information. Unvaccinated dogs are not allowed. All dogs MUST be on a leash and physically in your control at all times. No pets may be left unattended at any time. You must take your pets with you any time you leave the farm.
11. Tent site occupancy is limited to 6 campers and 3 tents. Our shelter site occupancy is limited to 6 campers and 2 tents.
12. Please read our Farm and Safety Rules before booking.
Our 15 primitive campsites are 25 yards to 50 yards apart. This allows plenty of social distancing, as well as privacy. The 15 primitive tent camp sites at Heritage Farms open Friday April 21, 2023. From September 20, 2023 to October 21, 2023 only Camp Sites 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 and G, H and J will be open.
Heritage Farms is a 5th generation, 115-acre farm located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Our primitive campsites are located along the boundaries of the southeast portion of the property. We have worked hard to place sites so there is privacy with beautiful views. Some tent sites are just feet from the park boundary. We are a working Christmas tree farm, so our tree fields are the backdrop for all of our camping sites. Every site provides you with either a gorgeous sunrise, a beautiful sunset, or both. The sunsets at Heritage Farms are awesome.
We ask that no trash be left at campsites. Please take it home with you or deposit it in the dumpster in our parking area. Due to county health department regulations, you must bring in all water. There are 4 portable toilets near the parking area. There is plenty of parking in our parking area.
Firewood can be purchased as an extra for an additional cost when you make your reservation. You can preorder firewood at the time of your booking, or at Heritage Farms by using our PayPal QR Code posted throughout the farm or with a credit card or cash.
At our information booth, you will find charging stations for charging your electronics and plugs for the electric pump on your air mattress.
We do not allow generators in any of our camp sites. Also, at the info booth, you will find: camp rules, emergency information, CVNP trail maps, info on local restaurants and stores, and fliers about Heritage Farms.
We have a few events at Heritage Farms you might be interested in:
PENINSULA FLEA ARTISAN MARKETS: Check out our 70+ local artists from 10:00am to 4:00pm on June 3rd, June 17th, July 1st, July 22nd, August 5th
and September 2nd. There will be food trucks and live music. Free to all.
PUMPKIN PANDEMONIUM: Enjoy the fall colors, live music, food vendors, and activities. Admission tickets are required for our maze, scavenger hunt, kids zone, and the hayride. Pumpkins, straw bales, corn stalks, and fall decorations will be available for purchase. Pumpkin Pandemonium takes over the farm on weekends from September 23rd to October 22nd. September and October are beautiful months to camp on the farm. Please note that our hayride trail passes some of the campsites.
Check out Heritage Farms online for more info or message Carol and George through Hipcamp with questions.
The small village of Peninsula is a short 1/4 mile walk from the farm. There are 2 restaurants, a great music venue, hike and bike trails, and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park right at our door step. We even have a local swimming area called The Quarry that offers day passes to visitors. Peninsula and our farm are true gems in a beautiful rural wooded setting 15 minutes from Blossom Music Center, numerous restaurants, retail areas, CVNP, Akron and Cleveland Metro Parks, and just about anything else you may want or need.
We can't wait to see you on the farm!