Stephen F. Austin Campground offers spacious and mostly shaded sites that are well-equipped.
- Best for RVS: 33 sites with full hookups are set near several hiking trails.
- Best for comfort: One ADA-accessible cabin sleeps four, and allows one tent to be set up outside. There’s AC and heat, but no restroom or kitchen.
- Best for large groups: One group hall with a kitchen offers space for 60 and a tent camp outside, and one group walk-in campsite area offers space for 60.
Offered near the campground.
Stephen F. Austin State Park’s close proximity to Houston makes it a great mountain biking getaway. Whether you come for the af...Read more
Primitive fishing can be done from the riverbank, but you’ll likely only catch catfish. But hey, what’s wrong a relaxing day by...Read more
It’s hard to pick the wrong trail at Stephen F. Austin State Park. Routes range from easy to very easy, so you won’t be faced w...Read more
The best place to spot the wild creatures of Stephen F. Austin State Park is the wildlife viewing station, where you’ll see Pil...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Stephen F. Austin Campground.
Drop some Stephen F. Austin Campground knowledge on us.
- Phone Number
- (979) 885-3613
- View on Google Maps
- Official Website
- View Website
- 29.819° N, 96.113° W
- Tent / RV / Trailer - Group: 1 Unit (Up to 60 people per pitch)
- Tent / RV / Trailer: 40 Units (Up to 8 people per pitch)
- Tent / Van: 65 Units (Up to 8 people per pitch)