Offered near the campground.
While Mount Tamalpais is the birthplace of mountain biking it also offers unparalleled options for road bikers (not to mention...Read more
If you bring your fishing gear to Mt. Tam, you could easily come home with dinner. Lakes in the park have catches such as bass,...Read more
There are more than 50 miles of trails within the park that connect to a much grander 200 mile trail system. The climb to the p...Read more
Mount Tamalpais is known for its beautiful views, and it can be even more beautiful when taken by horseback. Given the right d...Read more
Mount Tamalpais is well suited for both novice and expert climbers. If you make it to the top, you won’t be disappointed - the...Read more
Mount Tamalpais is a great place to see some of California’s wildlife . The park has more than 150 bird species along with dee...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Frank Valley Group Horse Campground.
The vibe at Frank Valley Group Horse Campground
Drop some Frank Valley Group Horse Campground knowledge on us.
Loved it enough to live with some weirdness.
1. So many many many miles of trails (pretty steep, so good for fitness.)
2. Views are breathtaking from the top.
3. Amazing meadow for galloping/getting silly.
4. Creeks wadable
1. Hikers come into the camp all the time, both to use the bathroom (which is fine), but also to pet and feed animals without asking, so bring a sign asking people to please not feed the animals. It’s pretty awkward to have random people walk right into the middle of the camp and hang out with no comment when you’re showering, changing etc.
2. Bring TP because it can run out at the end of the day depending on # of walk-ins.
3. Fallen trees block trails and cause huge detours