We’re sorry to break this to you: No, there are no showers at the nine official campgrounds inside Joshua Tree National Park. Those campgrounds do offer a variety of basic amenities to make your time spent camping under the starry desert skies more comfortable. Two of them, Black Rock and Cottonwood, even have water and flush toilets. But those of you looking to wash off in a hot shower — or even a freezing cold one — are out of luck. There are no showers in the park.
If you’re someone who can’t go a few days without a shower, don’t sweat it (emotionally that is). There are hundreds of Hipcamp camping, glamping and RV accommodations in the area surrounding Joshua Tree that have showers. To see them, simply click on the “more filters” button and then under “amenities” click to select the checkbox for “showers,” and you’ll discover more than 300 results.
1. Stargazer Yurt at Luna Vista Ranch: Located 10 miles from the West Entrance of Joshua Tree National park, this well-appointed yurt has sinks with potable water and a gorgeous outdoor shower and bathtub.
2. 28 Palms Ranch Stargazing Yurt #1 Just 20 minutes away from the less-crowded North entrance of Joshua Tree National Park, this gorgeous hand-painted Mongolian yurt accommodates up to 4 people. The yurt has a Mongolian sink inside with running water, as well as its own private heated outdoor shower, composting toilet, BBQ grill, and fire pit.
3. The Desert Pensione Joshua Tree This cozy little cabin has plenty of modern conveniences — think lighting and electrical outlets, flush toilets, faucets with drinkable water, and, of course, an outdoor shower. But it’s still rustic and bohemian enough to blend into the peaceful desert landscape. Spread your sleeping bags out on the floor, and you’ll feel miles away from the hustle and the bustle of the city.
4. Grand Tipi @ Camp Temenōs Located on the north edge of Pioneertown Mountains Preserve, just 30 minutes from the West Entrance to Joshua Tree National Park, this peaceful campsite offers a king-sized bed and hot showers and a flush toilet. Views of Joshua trees are also directly outside the door of the tipi.
5. The Castle House Guard Tower 2 This unique tiny round house has custom furniture including a queen size bed with 1500 thread count sheets and memory foam pillows. There are portable restrooms on the property and an outdoor shower just behind the main house.
6. This Must Be The Place! This vintage Airstream trailer is located in Monument Manor, just minutes from the main entrance to Joshua Tree National Park. It has a hot tub, showers, and a toilet, and it sits on over one acre of private land.
7. A View of Joshua Tree, North & West entrances. Pitch a tent (or take shelter in the on-site yurt) under starry skies at this lovely, quiet campsite that’s about equidistant from the north and west entrances. There are stoves, a fire pit, and outdoor shower, and the owner who lives on the property will even let you use his own bathroom, which includes a hot shower.
8. Embrace Wonder Valley @thebirdline, North entrance. Reserve one of the seven campsites at this rustically picturesque spot in Wonder Valley, then convene in the communal open-air shelter to cook in the kitchenette, socialize with other campers, or use the outdoor shower.
9. The Watering Hole, North entrance. Picture this: a secluded campsite with spectacular 360-degree views of the big open desert skies — pretty amazing, right? Now picture this: You, washing the grime off in the outdoor shower — even better!
10. Auntie Berts Farm, West entrance. One way to keep clean in nature? Go for a refreshing swim in one of the two swimming holes at this peaceful desert oasis offering plenty of shade and lots of things to do such as hiking, fishing, and pedal boating. Of course, if a hot shower is more your style, there’s a bathroom on property, too.
Now’s a great time to find the perfect spot in Joshua Tree for your next camping, glamping or RV adventure. #FindYourselfOutside (TIP: Get $10 off your first booking when you create a new account here and use the referral code JOURNAL)
Dear Hipcamp community, We, like many of you, are paying close and serious attention to COVID-19 and its widespread impact…
The health and safety of our community is our top priority, and as such we have created guidelines for safer…
Sometimes you need some outdoor immersion in a pinch. That’s why we’re bringing the outdoors to you with this list…
Hipcamp partners with landowners like you (who become Hipcamp Hosts) to list your property on our platform so that folks…