Covid Update: We are open and hosting campers. I think that outside activities like our campsites are very safe and I bleach all sheets and surfaces in Tipi. With that said I am keeping distance from all our guests. I may come by to say hello and tell about the site (sometimes this is not possible). If I do come by I will keep my distance from you and would appreciate i
Covid Update: We are open and hosting campers. I think that outside activities like our campsites are very safe and I bleach all sheets and surfaces in Tipi. With that said I am keeping distance from all our guests. I may come by to say hello and tell about the site (sometimes this is not possible). If I do come by I will keep my distance from you and would appreciate it if you did the same. If you do not want me to come by then just let me know. Stay safe and happy camping!
Come stay in the home of the traditional inhabitants of this land: A 18' Tipi! Situated in a corner of the eco-system orchard, guests are welcome to browse and eat any fruit/berries/nuts that are coming ripe during their stay. The Tipi location has a fire pit, picnic table, pit toilet, and cold shower (feels great during hot days!) Note: This is a fair weather only site. If it is raining you are welcome to stay, but there is a good chance you'll get a little wet. Tipis were great for the nomadic natives, but they were a hardy bunch and just took a little moisture when the rains came. Also, there is a queen air mattress included which is good for two people (three if you want to squeeze). I put it on the listing that you can have more than two people because there is room in the tipi for sleeping pads and/or if you wish to pitch another tent close by space is available. You will need to bring your own sleeping pads/tent for this. This is also a 5.5 acre orchard that has three houses in it, so total seclusion in the middle of nowhere is not the experience. When at the hangout/table/firepit/tipi area no house can be seen or see you.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 5% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Tipi In The Orchard in Texas.
The vibe at Tipi In The Orchard
Places to see near EcoRich
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Our time at the Orchard was absolutely magical. The tipi was a perfect mix between camping and “glamping” our host was extremely welcoming and hospitable. The overall property was gorgeous and there were places to walk around. The site had some small bodies of water but was only a short drive to a nice lake to swim and spend the day. We also took a day trip to dinosaur valley which was fun! But the highlight was absolutely the campsite and the memories we made there.
Fun tipi now on construction site
Host Emory was warm and welcoming! However, the tipi was far from secluded and is now placed adjacent to a construction site. We could hear voices and work being done on the home that was being built a mere 100 yards away. Much of the grounds around the tipi has now been leveled for this new construction. Access in and out of the site was also fairly cumbersome. The animals were cute but the chickens a bit aggressive when trying to find food. Overall, the tipi itself was fun but unfortunately not as advertised.
This was a great place to camp with my young kids. It's not totally private, since there are other rentals relatively close by, but the tipi is positioned so that the picnic table and campfire and bathroom facilities aren't really visible by anyone else. Definitely much more private than staying at a state park campground! The tipi was very spacious and cleaner than we expected, we saw tons of stars, and we liked walking through the orchard and around the property. Easy drive to both Dinosaur Valley and Fossil Rim.
Glamping to the max!
Great location. Private area where tipi was located was nice and had several things included that made our stay enjoyable. The tipi was amazing. It got chilly and windy during the night but the tipi blocked the wind and helped keep us warm. The site had a fire pit, picnic table, grill, garbage receptacle, running water, shower (cold water), as well as a private toilet area. The sky view at night is breathtaking. If you like camping (glamping), you’ll love this spot.
We had a great experience!! There were a few things that could be a little better, like the toilet door wouldnt stay closed and was way to close to the house and the seat was very small and kept falling over while I was sitting on it. Other than that, it was amazing!! I would highly recommend this to all of my friends.
Not ideal when rain; needs tlc
The location was so-so. Kind of confusing where the owner's property started and stopped. We knew we were able to walk around on property but fences and property lines not clear. Being the fall, the orchard was not really pretty.
Definitely a fair weather stay. If there is any rain forecasted, find another place to stay. The tipi leaks in several places, not just top.
The pictures on app need to be updated. Place is run down and could use a little TLC.
Bring your own wood if you want a fire.
Soul nourishment from nature
Emory's Tipi was exactly what I needed to spend sometime alone and recharge. I'm grateful for the time I was able to spend there and can't thank him enough for offering this space to the public. This said, let me share some details which might be helpful if you find yourself on the fence.
- You are on property that shares space with others so you aren't completely alone however the Tipi faces away from all the other houses toward the private fire pit, and has some tree coverage so you have a respectable amount of privacy.
- Because you are not alone you will hear people in the distance, or Emory's lovely children playing and might even see them passing by.
- There are roosters on the property therefor you will get a 4am wake up call. Know this especially if you are a light sleeper. However, the roosters don't carry on all morning non stop. They will just call out from time to time and if your amused by them as much as I am the best part is you can hear other roosters in the distance responding, which I found heart warming.
- In addition to chickens on the property there are cows, sheep, ducks, and what sounds like wolves in the distance.
- You will also hear gunshots in the distance. There are hunting grounds around this area so that's something to consider if that that spooks you or you find it unnerving.
- Something else to consider if you have an aversion or issue with bugs, critters, or anything that goes bump in the night this may not be the place for you. The bugs were almost non existence given that I was here in December however I was visited by bees, a wasp, and flies in the Tipi during the days. Emory has outfitted the Tipi with both an air mattress which has a lovely bug net draped around it as you can tell from the pictures so there is a soft barrier between you and the bugs. I was also visited by birds in the Tipi, and possibly a possum? In short, just remember that while the Tipi is a structure you are still outside and therefor, life is all around you. Again just something to consider iIf this isn't something that you take joy in or are comfortable with.
Again my trip was perfection and exactly what I needed. I deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to spend time here. Thank you Emory for having me.
Relaxing get away
Had a great time at the tipi in the orchard. Had a thunderstorm on our stay and the host was awesome about coming and checking on us and actually helping clean up. The tipi actually didn’t get as much water as I thought it would. The host had wood cut and kindling and an awesome set up. All and all it was a great experience, thanks Emory!