November 24, 2023
My Yosemite stay
I had a great time at “the falls” campsite!
Leo & Lily are the kindest hosts!
They greeted us (in the rain) and had a fire already started for us when we got there with an endless supply of firewood!
The bathroom, showers, and potable water were all very convenient, close and clean!
They have 2 pups that were also the best hosts during our stay!
I felt so safe with their guard pup patrolling the grounds at night, occasionally visiting our campsite for snuggles and a seat by the fire.
Our campsite was very clean and had a nice flat spot to pitch out tent.
I would definitely recommend this Hipcamp to anyone going to Yosemite(it’s only 1-1.5hrs from Yosemite valley)
November 12, 2023
Camping at The Falls was absolutely the most serene, perfect, and peaceful getaway my partner and I were looking for. Leo was incredibly helpful and immediately responded as soon as we messaged him no matter the time. We felt safe with the dogs that were very friendly and protective and loved spending time with them in the morning, right by the fire pit. The sky was also crystal clear, full of stars and you can even see the blue streak of the Milky Way galaxy. We were able to see deer right across the creek on one day! We had visited in November, so the nights got very chilly (make sure to bring a heater or multiple blankets), and there are a few wasps that do come by, but nothing a bug spray wouldn't fix. Ammenities were extremely clean. 100000% recommend.
October 21, 2023
We absolutely loved camping at red Dragonfly Ranch!
The campsite is stunning, and well guarded by their gorgeous dogs. There was some barking at night, but knowing how prevalent bears are in the area, I felt safer with the dogs there. Nothing that ear plugs can’t block out! Other than the occasional barking, the whole camp is so so quiet. Only very few cars driving past. This plot is large, and although when we visited there was no water in the stream (mid October) I imagine that it’s a great place to take a dip in the spring and summer.
We booked this as the base camp for our very short 2 night Yosemite trip. As Brits on our first Yosemite holiday we had no idea how long it would take to get to the Yosemite hikes! We got up early and managed to squeeze one 3 hour hike before it was time to come back again before dark. It’s about a 1.5 hour drive from camp to Yosemite village, but the most scenic treat. however seeing how cramped the camping was inside Yosemite NP, we were pleased we booked this Hipcamp despite the drive there and back.
Lily was so helpful, and even lit the fire for us for our arrival at 9 pm. Leo brought down more firewood to the communal fire pit straight away when we ran out. The dogs are so sweet.
The showers were super clean and refreshing. Our ONLY wish is that the toilets were flush toilets, as they were drop toilets. But it’s not enough to put us off booking again.
Had the best time staring at the Milky Way next to the roaring fire!
September 4, 2023
Creekside 1 and Yosemite basecamp
Leo and Lily were super welcoming and responsive for our stay. It ended up being a quick weekend trip and one where it served as a Basecamp for our full day trip to Yosemite.
A couple things to call out:
- Its in the way to Yosemite via 120 and at the top of the mountain drive. Once you reach the top you pull off into a side ride which is also as narrow and curvy before reaching camp.
- Its ideal as it will get you closest to Yosemite, but still a 1.5 hr drove each way.
- The hosts have a pair of dogs and chickens/roosters on the property. They don't come down to the campsites. You'll just hear them and it's a good wake up call for the early drive. However, one of the dogs did make a visit while we were cooking and at night. He felt like a family dog checking up on us. He even walked one of my friends to the portapotty at night and back to the tent.
Overall good experience and would recommend both site and hosts.
Only 2 cons, I can think of but they are manageable.
1. Ground was very tough making it difficult to stake tents. Just keep in mind alternatives to weigh things down.
2. There's apparently meat eating bees? They didn't sting and were only interested in the chicken by a good handful swarming/flying around like a fly. The hosts were helpful in bringing down incense for us to burn which did help keep them away for the most part. They were only around when the food came out and never popped their heads again.
September 4, 2023
Camping close to yosemite
Loved camping here! The space was great, we loved the communal firepit. Lily is great & we loved when Charlie (the dog) made his nightly rounds :)
August 27, 2023
The owners met us at the gate even though we arrived late. Wonderfully hospitable. Great stay for Yosemite base camp.