Pet-friendly Baja camper was inspired by our love for the Mexican culture, art, and hospitality. It carries Baja vibes in its vibrant colors and original details and offers great lake and mountain views..
Dear All, we look forward to having you camp with us anytime between April 26th and mid-October! Please read through the listing to find out more about Baja Camper and our camp. Can't wait to hear from you and to be part of youradventures in the Sierra :-)
The Baja Camper is the first and perhaps our favorite rental trailer. It's where we lived while we hatched the plan to adopt Paradise Shores. We had a fabulous time and fell in love with the Mexican culture, art and hospitality and wanted to share that experience with our guests at Paradise Shores. Make sure to bring some tequila to truly soak in the atmosphere!
The Baja is also where Rattle Snake Jim prefers to stay. Jim is one colorful character. One year while staying here, he was bitten by a rattler. The doctor said with treatment he had a 75% chance of living, but it would cost him well over hundred thousand dollars. Without treatment his chance of survival was only 25%. Uninsured at the time, Jim decided to roll the dice. He was curled up in the Baja, in a world of hurt, caringly looked after by his wife Denise. When he emerged ten days later he was wearing that rattler's tail on his hat, and has been ever since.
Our Baja themed camper is comfortable, fun, and offers great views of the lake and the mountains. It is ideal for a couple, but can sleep three adults. The sleeping options consist of queen size bedroom and a pull out couch located in the living room/kitchen. Free WiFi internet, TV with a DVD player, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster are all provided. The kitchen is fully equipped with utensils, cookware, glasses, cups, plates, paper towels, soap, and all the typical kitchenware. Two sets of sheets, towels, and dish towels are ready for your use and more is available upon request. The trailer has a cooling system, and an outside area with outdoor furniture and an awning. We also provide one-use supply of charcoal briquettes, to get you set up for your grilling, and you can buy locally grown firewood at our office. So, all you really need to bring is some clothing and food. Pretty much everything else is covered.
The rate includes space rent, propane, wifi, one parking spot as well as 12% Mono County occupancy tax (TOT).
We're a husband and wife team and this is our adopted home - a small RV Park & Campground located directly on the shores of Bridgeport Reservoir. We believe in campfires, starry nights, good laughs, exploration, a deep sleep and an early rise. The mountains are a place to get back to basics, a place to explore, to breathe. So turn off your phone and turn on your senses. When you arrive, we won’t hand you a list of rules but we may ask you to join us for a campfire, remind you to conserve water, and to separate your trash so we can recycle it. That’s about it, oh yeah: relax, it’s your vacation.
It’s important to us that our guests don’t feel they are renting a camping site as much as they’re immersing themselves into the outdoor experience. You may just want to lay in one of our hammocks and read for three days. For the more adventurous, we offer a full slate of self-guided recreational activities such as hiking, kayaking, fishing, ATVing, rock climbing, biking, natural water slides, stand up paddle boards and so much more. Do you enjoy bird watching? There are hundreds of different species right here at Paradise Shores, which is located on a major bird migration route.
We do have modern conveniences such as wifi internet; however, we encourage our guest to “unplug” and immerse in the slow pace life instead. If you come to stay with us at the weekend, you'll be welcome to join us around the campfire and connect with fellow campers (we have fires on most Saturdays, s'mores are on us!)
Did we mention that we love dogs? Be sure to bring you four legged friend when staying with us. With dog wash and off-leash dog beach, your adventure pup will be a happy camper here!
We hope Paradise Shores becomes your home as it is ours. It’s located in one of the most spectacular areas in the world. We’re surrounded on three sides by the high Sierra Nevada Mountains. Yosemite National Park, Tuolumne Meadows, Mono Lake, June Lake, Virginia Lakes, Twin Lakes, and the historic gold-mining town of Bodie are all within a short drive from here.
Please note, we ask for 2 nights minimum stay in Baja Camper throughout the season and 3 nights minimum stay over Memorial and Labor Day weekends. We relax minimum stay requirements at short notice and/or based on availability (if we have only one night open between longer stays), please ask.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within 12 hours
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Colorful Baja Camper
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Such a cute camper!! Comfy, colorful and the perfect space for my fiance and I - plus 2 small doggies :) We were 30 min away from yosemite which was awesome! The entire rv park is so cute and the owner was very nice!
I’d never been to the eastern Sierras and man, am I ever happy I went. This is my new favorite part of California.
Paradise Shores is a perfect launch spot for all kinds of fun outdoors stuff in the area—trail running and paddling at Twin Lakes, glorious hot springs, and all kinds of hiking. There’s tons to do on the property too: kayaking (they’ve got a few kayaks free for campers to use!), swimming, and stand up paddle boarding are just a few steps from your campsite. (Plus, you’ll have an incredible view of the mountains while doing any of these.)
Veronika and Alan are incredibly hospitable and knowledgable hosts and can usually be found working around the property with their son Oliver. They know a ton about the area, being avid climbers and outdoors-folk, and have some highly entertaining stories about the history of the property. Ask about Rattlesnake Jim’s miraculous recovery in the Baja Camper ;) The communal campfires they set up are really fun and a great way to meet other campers. Music was played, mallows were roasted, and good times were had by all—you’ll want to be a part of this while you stay here.
The Baja Camper bed was as coze as they come, and I really appreciated the screened windows on all sides (who doesn’t love a cool breeze at night?) We got up at 4am to hit Travertine Hot Springs—a two-mile drive from Paradise Shores— before the crowds, and I highly recommend you do the same! Watching the snowcapped mountaintops turn pink while soaking in a natural hot tub is something I’ll remember forever. Just make sure you bring your own towels because these springs are stinky, folks.
All in all, this is an incredibly special property with a strong orientation towards community, and I’m already looking forward to my next trip out here.
Paradise Shores makes it so easy to camp! Book a camper and pretty much all you need to bring is food, and friends. Can't recommend these enough for a relaxing trip away from wherever you call home. The communal spaces are so so so nice to meet other likeminded outdoor folk.