Come camp near the river at a fully-functional whitewater river rafting basecamp!! Our group-style camping area is great for small groups of people or small, two-somes too. We have a total of 3 spots,; 2 are suitable for 2 large, or 3 small tents, and one is a small tent spot only. Camp spots are next to each other, so not alot of "Wild forest-camping" here. We refer to i
Come camp near the river at a fully-functional whitewater river rafting basecamp!! Our group-style camping area is great for small groups of people or small, two-somes too. We have a total of 3 spots,; 2 are suitable for 2 large, or 3 small tents, and one is a small tent spot only. Camp spots are next to each other, so not alot of "Wild forest-camping" here. We refer to it as urban camping. Please be aware that there is some traffic noise here, as we are close to Highway 2. Weekend camping is limited, and you may hear the occasional train whistle. WiFi and fire pit included as well as on-site port-a-potties. There is a large communal firepit, but no individual camp firepits, with the option of bringing a propane stand-alone firepit. Small fires only in June, fire ban starting July 1st due to wildfire concerns. No smoking and children are OK as long as they are kept under control. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are spacing camps out more, we have a foot-operated handwash station, and 2 hand sanitizing stations. Per the CDC, we are unable to offer any potable water to anyone this year. Our camping area is somewhat small, does NOT have grass, but area has bark. Please be ready to be respectful of our neighbors and other campers by keeping your music to a low-to-medium volume. Please bring photo ID and a credit card to complete our camper registration form with.
*** Please message before booking to insure we are a good match***
- Check in: After 12PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out
- Response time: Within an hour
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at River Recreation basecamp in Washington.
The vibe at River Recreation basecamp
Places to see near River Recreation's Basecamp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
We recently stayed at this property over the weekend. It’s located at a river rafting business. Property sits right on the Wenatchee river with a calm spit perfect for gathering water or taking a dip. There’s a pigeons nest right at the campsite. We kept thinking it was an owl. Birds and trains wake you early mornings. It’s a great location because it’s out of the city, yet close to Wenatchee (about 4 miles) and about 15 minutes from Leavenworth so perfect if you want to camp but also venture out a bit. There’s a small market literally next door so perfect if you forget anything or need more beer or ice and dont want to drive. Our host Don was very helpful and accommodating. Most of the other campers were white river rafting for the weekend so site was more quiet during the day and everyone was pleasant. Our kids enjoyed the hammock swings and spent a lot of time in them.
Don was a gracious host and flexible which I appreciated. If you are looking for a place to stay after being on the river, desire to be close to town, or are family oriented this is the place for you. I think the cost to stay here exceeds what it has to offer. The cons of this place are as follows:
1. The highway noise makes it hard to sleep and you feel like you are sleeping right next to it. It definitely takes away from the whole camping experience.
2. The campsites are small and there is no barrier between you and the tent next to you so forget any sense of privacy. Due to Covid, there was only 1 other tent there, however it states that there can be 8 people to a site and 2 tents per each reservation. Talk about cramped spaces. You are basically camping at the site of his business so you are surrounded by some bushes, but also his bus, rafting gear, etc..
3. You can not see the river from the campsite.
4. The only amenity here is a porta potty with a sink. There is no access to water so if you are planning an out door adventure or cooking, you don’t have anything to work with.