- If you are looking for a secluded campsite deep in the woods, you may want to keep looking. But if you want the ease and peace of a campsite RIGHT ON THE NEW RIVER with everything you want to do just steps from your tent, then come out and claim your site! - While HWY 16 can be quite noisy during busy times, step into the campsites and let the peaceful noise-canceling riv
- If you are looking for a secluded campsite deep in the woods, you may want to keep looking. But if you want the ease and peace of a campsite RIGHT ON THE NEW RIVER with everything you want to do just steps from your tent, then come out and claim your site! - While HWY 16 can be quite noisy during busy times, step into the campsites and let the peaceful noise-canceling river serenity whisk you away.- Numerous large site options in an open field directly ON THE NEW RIVER. - Your own personal island just a short float, boat, or swim away.- Canoe, kayak, and tube rentals within eyesight.- Complimentary provisions including outhouse w/washing station, 2 communal fire pit options (more to come!), and manicured sites with easy in/out access.- Plentiful small mouth bass and trout fishing steps from your abode. - Endless night-time stars.- River and forest views across from campsites.- A short (few minute) drive to multiple Blue Ridge Parkway entry points.- Ease of access to the beautiful and popular Boone, Appalachian State University, Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Banner Elk, Grayson Highlands, and Linville Gorge. - As your hosts, we are willing to arrange guided fly fishing and float trips with experienced and licensed New River experts. Please inquire for pricing and scheduling.- *BONUS! The New River State Park is an easy walk, float, paddle or drive away. This park is absolutely GORGEOUS and impeccably maintained, including hiking trails, public facilities, showers, boat launch and pick up, etc.- *DOUBLE BONUS!! Great and accommodating hosts right next door. As your hosts, we are flexible and willing to accommodate most special requests, with the potential for kayak, tube, SUP and canoe add-ons to your nightly rate. We have a wonderful friendship with Zaloo's next door and are fully willing to facilitate river adventures.- Dare we say TRIPLE BONUS!?!?! Because we want your experience to start with a bang, we provide all guests with one-night's complimentary custom "Camp on the New" themed novelty. (i.e. smores, games, river fun accompaniments, etc.) Your "New River Adventure Kit" will be discovered at your designated site (rain or shine) upon arrival.
*Our location is amazing. Our attitudes towards our guests' experiences are equally motivating. Our experience as hosts is novel but ever-evolving. Our vision for these sites is one of wonder. Please be patient as we elaborate on this dream, and be sure to come back for a visit early and often!
***We have Ice and Firewood available upon arrival. We can also arrange live bait, gallons of water, gum, candy, soda, local jerky and honey, or any other groceries that you desire. Just let us know and we will make arrangements to have it ready upon your arrival. Cash, Zelle, or Venmo preferred.
We are SO GLAD that you chose to stay with us! We promise to do our best to make it all that you expected and more!
- Check in: After 12PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at On the NEW RIVER next to Zaloo's! in North Carolina.
The vibe at On the NEW RIVER next to Zaloo's!
Places to see near Camp on the New
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Kyle and Amy were so nice - even though they’re just getting started, camping site was literally right next to the river and we could go for a dip right before going to bed / had a great time, would definitely recommend. Even though you can see the road from the camping site, once it was dark there wasn’t any traffic and you completely forgot the road was even there.
We’re a family of 4, 2 boys and we can all agree that this trip fits in the golden memories category. We were in desperate need for a family trip, but the Coronavirus was making it impossible for us, but luckily, we found this. This was our first time camping, and definitely not our last... The beautiful river was right in front of us, very calm current, cold but not freezing. During the day, it can get a little hot, but at night time, it’s whole different story. Chilly, not very humid, campfires hit GREAT, and most of all, peaceful. Kyle, Amy and her sister were so kind and helpful,.
We love it! 👍
We love this place. Even though the river was cold, it was alot of fun swimming there day to night. We loved kayaking, it was so fun. Amy and Kyle were super nice, they asked everyday if we needed anything, and they also provided presents and corn hole game. Really accurate camp ground, when we arrived every thing was really clean. Long story short, we LOVED it!
A1 experience !!!!
Kyle and amy went above and beyond!!! The best experience you could ask for. Planned us a tubing and fly fishing trip with a guide on moments notice. Definitely will Be going back.
Family fun, romantic and peaceful!
It was an amazing spot and the host was so welcoming and helpful with everything. My family and I had a great time. We camp a lot and this place definitely in our favorite list. I highly recommend it!