The Farm Restoration
Our purchase of the farm in 2015 began the process of restoring the farm to its former glory. In partnership with the Natural Resource Conservation Agency we embarked on a journey to bring biodiversity and balance back to the farm. We are working on meadow restoration, reducing invasive species, creating habitat to repopulate bob white quail and wi
The Farm Restoration
Our purchase of the farm in 2015 began the process of restoring the farm to its former glory. In partnership with the Natural Resource Conservation Agency we embarked on a journey to bring biodiversity and balance back to the farm. We are working on meadow restoration, reducing invasive species, creating habitat to repopulate bob white quail and wild turkey.
Guests can enjoy the peace and quiet, wander the trails, visit the Nigerian dwarf dairy goat herd, watch our beautiful Texas Longhorns as they browse or see the black buck and Barbado sheep relaxing in the meadow. Wild life viewing stands are available for those who would like to sit and observe our flora and fauna.
Come walk the Labyrinth located near the main farm house.
All species living together in nature restoratively
to CULTIVATE thriving biodiverse habitats, BECAUSE we live here.
to LEARN from the regenerative nature of flora and fauna.
to SHARE the responsibility to care for one another.
to GROW our deep appreciation for the beauty of this Earth.
ACREAGE: 67 ACRES, NEAREST TOWN IS BASTROP, 20 MILESNORTH
DISTRICT 8: ROLLING TERRAIN IS POST OAK SAVANNAH AND 75%DENSELY WOODED, TALL GRASS/OAK SAVANNAH, OAK SCRUB / SHRUBLAND, POST OAK-YAUPON WOODLAND AVG RAINFALL: 36.5”
PREDOMINANT PLANTS: OAK, BLACKJACK, YAUPON, EASTERN RED CEDAR(JUNIPERUS VIRGINIANA), LITTLE BLUESTEM
ANIMAL SPECIES: DEER, TURKEY, MIGRATORY BIRDS, COYOTES,BOBCATS, GOPHERS, BLACK BUCK, LONG HORN CATTLE, BARBADOS SHEEP, GREY FOX.
We are located at the far end of a sandy stretch of road, completely private. The 67 acres are completely enclosed and gated, so you can't get lost for too long, as you wander the well maintained trails that meander through the forests and meadows on the farm.
We ask that campers park their cars just inside the gate and camp within "range" of a new cedar outhouse with composting toilet, located in the southwest corner of the property (close to the front gate). The entire acreage is open to exploring and there is a small pond (great for dog swimming only). Along with outdoor composting toilet. There is potable water available in campground. Please pack in/pack out your belongings and all trash. We welcome your ideas and shared vision. It's very Natural out here . . .
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to Ardor Wood Farm Camping
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Several miles of well maintained trails wind through the forests and meadows of the farm
Natural features you'll find at Ardor Wood Farm Camping in Texas.
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
We had such a lovely experience on Karen and Graham's property. They have put so much time and love into this place; we are so grateful they have chosen to share it with us all. Please be mindful of this when you are there and respect the space. Pack out more than you pack in and have a great time. We will certainly be back.
Maybe the best part about it is that we were only a fourty minute drive home. Two nights camping and the last thing us city slickers wanted was a long drive home.
Lovely little campground and amazing hosts! A short drive from Austin and great amenities including a compostable toilet, well marked trail signs, sweet animals, and firewood for a small fee. Grab some farm honey on your way out!
We loved it!
This is a fantastic HipCamp, and perfect for a weekend getaway out of Austin. And its a fantastic combination of remote-feeling campsites and farmland for exploring.
What we loved:
- The hosts are wonderful, friendly, and helpful. We had a lovely chat with them and learned a bit more about what they're doing with their land.
- Our site (#2) had lots of dry, level, sandy ground for three tents and camp chairs.
- The hosts have built several miles of trails crisscrossing their land. Campers can wander the entire property, and check out the neat features and information. Great signage for where to go / not go.
- We loved being able to hang out with the goats, ducks, chickens, turkeys, and the hosts' super-friendly farm dogs!
Things to be aware of:
- Dogs should be on-leash at all times or professionally trained – there is electrical fencing and unfamiliar wildlife & farm animals. I consider myself to be pretty well trained, and I still managed to shock myself 😬
- The firepit is shared between the three camp sites. We were lucky to have it all to ourselves, since we were the only campers (on a saturday night!)
- The outhouse and composting toilet is a little awkward – small space and high throne make it a challenge to navigate. But its pretty clean, doesn't smell too bad, and its equipped with toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- The property also includes a glamping tent and a cottage, if you're looking for an upgrade!
Campsite with kids - went great!
I have three very active kids between 7-5, and this was the perfect place. Well maintained trails and campsites. Clean compost bathroom. Graham was amazing and patient with all their questions. Kids couldnt wait to see "Cowboy Man" again to ask more questions. Kids looked (and found) hidden duck eggs and fed the goats. We saw buckback on a morning hike through the meadow. Great experience and fantastic hosts (!). Would recommend, especially for those with young kids.
Wonderful stay :)
This place is magical! The hosts were kind and gave us a wonderful welcome and brief rundown of the area and where to find everything. The hiking trails are well maintained and beautiful. They sell eggs and honey from their farm. We got to play with the baby goats and ducks :) Quiet and peaceful getaway