Tucked away above the banks of Kelsey Creek is The Sanctuary Treehouse, an idyllic nature getaway. Built mainly from California Redwood, this accommodation boasts clean lines, square corners and rustic feel. It features one bedroom, a large screened-in porch and outdoor deck.
You may awaken to the site of happy, little hummingbirds fluttering about one of the three large, picture windows visible from the comfort of your bed.
This is an upscale camping experience. There’s no electricity in the treehouse, but we offer a portable electric charger and plenty of warm LED lights at your disposal. This peaceful getaway features a queen size bed and comfortable linens. Organic French pressed coffee or tea delivered to your door in the morning (upon request). Enjoy it from the outdoor porch that basks perfectly in the morning sun.
You’ll feel you’re in your own private island, as you descend the walkway to a secluded, enchanting creek beach, with large mossy rocks perfect for sitting, snuggling, or yoga. Dip your toes in the water and enjoy the sounds and sights of this serene and sacred space.
The treehouse is built 20 feet in the air and supported by 2 magnificent Douglas Fir trees. It’s our most recommended anniversary and honeymoon cabin, thanks in part to its off-set location and excellent stargazing from the outdoor deck.
It’s the ultimate accommodation for anyone wanting to experience nature in comfort and privacy.
- The Sanctuary Treehouse is our most secluded accommodation.
- This one-bedroom cabin is 190 sq. ft.
- Standard occupancy is two guests.
- Take the time to unwind and disconnect. Cell phone service is spotty and dependent upon your carrier. Wifi is available in the main campground area and is not available in the treehouse.
- Guests staying in The Sanctuary Treehouse are provided with an electric charger, French press, organic coffee & tea, and local raw honey. (upon request)
- For an additional fee, guests may select a basket (for 2) of high quality yummy delightsThe Vegan Basket includes a seasonal selection of organic goodies such as fresh & dried fruits, berries, avocado, figs, granola and nutsThe Continental Basket includes a varying selection of organic dried and fresh fruits and berries, bread or croissants, jam, butter & hard boiled eggs from our own, organically fed, happy healthy chickens.
- *Prepared breakfast or brunch delivery available upon request and for an additional fee.
- The shower & bathroom are located in the main camping area, a 3 minute walk away.
- *Small pets allowed in the treehouse upon approval - $25 fee per pet will be collected upon arrival
- We can't predict the weather, so please note that in non-summer months, it could be wet, cold or windy. The space isn't heated, and rain can be heard on the tin roof.
About the Resort:
Commune with nature in the historic Pine Grove Cobb Resort, nestled in 30 acres of the Northern California Mountains. Take a walk through the property, dip your toes in the year-round Kelsey Creek or cool off in the spring-fed, non-chlorinated pool (open during the summer season only). Make your own wood-fired pizza & other yummy treats from our brand new outdoor cob oven, or enjoy a cozy evening with family & friends around the large fire pit. (The cob oven and fire pit available first-come, first-serve basis and with rsvp)
During the summer season (generally Memorial Day through Labor Day), the resort features a non-chlorinated spring-fed pool, as well as a large chlorinated swimming pool complete with diving board, water-slide and 2 kiddie pools. Also during the summer, the resort also offers delicious food at the poolside grill.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 15% off
- Response time: Within 12 hours
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at The Sanctuary Treehouse
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Our stay at the treehouse was beyond wonderful. The host Joe and his assistant Melissa were so warm, friendly and helpful. The treehouse itself is what dreams are made of! It is so well appointed, quiet, secluded, peaceful.... the only sounds were of the rustling creek down below and birds chirping n the distance. There are towels, glasses and water, a fruit bowl, a charger for electronics, a powerful flashlight and remotes for some of the lights. The bed was incredibly comfortable with clean, new linens and tons of plush pillows. The views from the bed and the balcony are unbeatable It is glamping at its best and I would highly recommend a stay here.
A couple things worth noting are that where you park is a little bit of a walk to the actual treehouse, so pack accordingly- we could've packed a little lighter is all I'm saying! Also, the walk to the nice, clean communal bathrooms is about a 5 minute walk, so plan accordingly with that as well.
The rest of the resort is awesome, with bathrooms, showers, sink to wash dishes, a large grill/pizza oven and a wonderful outdoor pool with a walk up window to order food and treats.
This place is so awesome overall- my friend and I felt like we stepped onto a movie set in the past for a summer camp of some sort. Highly recommend a stay here!
My Boyfriend and I stayed at The Sanctuary Treehouse for our two year anniversary. The host Joe was very nice and helpful and it was really easy to find. The treehouse has been one of my favorite stays and it was lovely inside and out! I would recommend anyone to stay here and I would stay again as well! Thank you Joe!
The Treehouse is beautiful and feels very private. The bed is comfortable, and the deck overlooks a lovely creek. The spring fed pool is great, and the rest of the property is in the process of being upgraded by Joe.
The shared bathrooms however, are not to the level that I'd expect for this price. When I went to use them, the showers were full of mosquitos, and the stall door did not latch closed. With a little more careful upkeep, the Pine Grove Resort could be great. But it's not there yet.
My girlfriend and I had a great experience at the Treehouse. We were greeted warmly by Joe, who helped us settle into our temporary home. The treehouse is situated, aptly, among the trees, and below is a beautiful creek that provides a lovely constant sound of flowing water. A bit nervous to be arriving in 95 degree heat, we were pleasantly surprised about how cool the treehouse remained and how much freshness the creek offered. Can't wait to return!
Treehouse was amazing! The setting is great. The pool is nice too. Well populated with kids during the busy times but very refreshing. They have one pool with natural, unchlorinated spring water and another normal one. Great food by the pool. The treehouse is the furthest cabin from the parking lot. The staff brought us a continental breakfast each morning at a specific time. Room service in a treehouse! The creek was just below our treehouse hideaway. Amazing sounds all day and night. Highly recommend!