Hipcamp is excited to announce our partnership with LocalHarvest.
LocalHarvest connects people looking for good food with the farmers who produce it. Through LocalHarvest, you can search for farmers markets, join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), find restaurants and grocery stores that sell local food, discover local farms near you, and even bulk order your favorite produce.
Why we love supporting family farms—and you should too.
Buying local is not only about feeding your families real, high-quality foods from sources you know and trust—it’s about developing strong economies and strengthening communities through local markets. Over 80% of the 2 million farms in America are small, family-owned businesses. By buying directly from these family farms, you can trust that your food is coming from a responsible source, not from large-scale chemical agriculture projects that poison our soils and water and weaken our communities. Plus, real, organic foods simply taste better.
Agritourism: Where camping meets farming.
Hipcamp is partnering with LocalHarvest farmers across the country to create new places to camp, get closer to your food sources, connect with your community and maybe even roll your sleeves up a little.
“It’s a bridge to the country. It’s a boon to the farm (it saved ours). It’s fun and unexpected, and your friends will think you are crazy, until you return home with tales of feeding a baby goat, and then they will want to go too. You’ll be protecting small-farm America that at one point built this country.”
Are you a farmer?
- Join LocalHarvest. Create a free listing for your farm, market, restaurant, food coop or other food-related business and connect with consumers near you.
- Host campers on Hipcamp. Host our community of nature lovers to earn extra income for your dream projects, property management, home expenses, and more—all while enjoying the security of our $1 million safety guarantee.
Are you a hungry, healthy food lover?
LocalHarvest Farms on Hipcamp
Free Verse Farm and Apothecary, Chelsea, VT
Free Verse Farm is a hilltop herb farm run by two art-making, herb-loving farmers. The property boasts twenty stunningly beautiful, knoll-laden, open acres overlooking the scenic village of Chelsea, Vermont, where you are invited to tour the cultivated fields and become acquainted with the wide variety of tea, culinary, and medicinal herbs that we grow and process on the farm.
More in the Northeast:
- Moon in the Pond Farm, Sheffield, MA: This is a picturesque farm in the Berkshire hills that has a strong focus on the elegant integration of historic and modern technology. The farm is situated on preserved land that is surrounded by thousands of acres of wild, conserved land in part owned by The Nature Conservancy and is very close to the Appalachian Trail.
- Private Cozy Organic Farm, Bucks County, PA: This is the only certified organic livestock farm offering pasture raised meats and eggs in Bucks County.
- Four Springs Farm, South Royalton, VT: Four Springs Farm is a working organic farm on a beautiful west-facing hillside in central Vermont with spectacular views of the Green Mountains where you can pick your own veggies.
- Stony Creek Farmstead, Walton, NY: A farm in the Catskills where you can buy fresh meats, eggs, organic veggies (where you can glamp!).
- WindStone Landing Farm, Sayre, PA: Eat from the very ground your sleeping on, just minutes from the trails at Mt. Pisgah State Park that meander around Stephen Foster Lake.
- Too Far Out Farm, Wilson Mills, PA: A farm in Pennsylvania Dutch country between a large dairy farm and the Erie National Wildlife Refuge. The hosts at this Hipcamp love to cook you a fresh farm dinner!
Two Sisters Farm, Temecula, CA
Two Sisters Farm is an family run farm and event space in the heart of Wine Country.
More in the West:
- Villa Macala, Sycamore Springs, CA: 20-acres of Italian-inspired beauty with 450 olive trees and has a small growing vineyard.
- Meadow Farm Bicycle Camp, Nehalem, OR: a 60 acre-farm at the end of the Highway 101 that raises grass-fed beef, lamb and eggs.
Earth First Farms, Berrien Center, MI
Good Earth Farms is an organic apple orchard in Southwest Michigan.
More in the Midwest:
- Provision Family Farm, Big Rapids, MI: a family farm nestled in Manistee National Forest in Western Michigan.
- Gosherd Valley Farm, Fredricksberg, MO: an 80 acre working farm that raises geese and poultry. They will stock your kitchen with fresh eggs, local smokehouse bacon, pastries and jams!
- Philadelphia Community Farm, Osceola, WI: one of the first Community Supported Agriculture programs in the midwest.
Coldwater Gardens, Milton, FL
Coldwater Gardens is an agritourism & ecotourism retreat located in Milton, FL. They focus on education, recreation, and exploration of nature and agricultural practices.
More in the Southeast:
- Spring Hill Farm, Beaverdam, VA: A family operated seasonal organic produce farm that also makes Christmas wreaths during the holiday season. Camp on over 140 acres of wooded acreage and volunteer on the farm if you’d like.
- River Garden Farm, Dunnellon, FL: a small homstead near the Withlacoochee River.
Sandcreek Farm, Jones Prairie, TX
Sand Creek Farm is an operational sustainable farm where you can learn how to milk cows!
More in Texas:
- Walker Honey Farm and Dancing Bee Winery, Temple, TX: A honey farm and winery in central TX.