Pitch your tent in the privacy of this quiet wilderness where the elk and the coyote play. This is a wildlife Sanctuary where we do not allow hunting. The wild animals here are so used to our presence that they often go about their daily life with little concern for us. We are treated to deer and elk wandering through the camping area. Get up quietly and you never know who you might see in camp. The camp is a mile from the front residential area. The back one hundred acres are surrounded by forested lands with miles of trails to explore where it is rare to meet another person. There is a giant crystal housed in a gazebo that overlooks the surrounding fields and woods. Time to meditate with the giant crystal in the gazebo can be booked. Campfires and sing-a-longs can be arranged. The use of the hot tub and pool can be arranaged for a small fee to help cover propane costs and maintainence.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
The vibe at Giant Crystal Retreat and Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Had a wonderful stay out at Giant Crystal Camp. The property near the crystal structure has 4 different areas, each with their own picnic table, to pull your RV (in my case a Vanagon) up to, or to pitch your tent. The hosts came down once the sun set and got a great fire going over at the communal fire ring - complete with the makings for smores! I was treated a beautiful clear night with a great view of the stars and milky way. In the morning I wandered along the large fields and spent a bit of time up in a tree stand watching for wildlife while enjoying a hot cup of coffee. Back up at the house there are some outdoor showers with instant hot water, should you need a rinse during your stay. Thank you both for the great stay and pleasant company!
Arielle and Moaz we're amazing hosts. They set me up with a site for myself, two kids, and my dog that was right by the fire ring. They joined us for a campfire and amazing conversation. I'd come back here with no hesitation!
My partner and I had a fantastic stay here, the camp was beautiful! Moz was a great host, super friendly, helpful and made us a great fire upon arrival making sure we got comfortably settled in!
Had a great host and a super great time. My family and I enjoyed the site and my dog I think would also agree with this. Super pet friendly place with lots of room to roam. For the first time using the site I was some what skeptical, I mean who would allow this in their back yard but now I can say it was well worth the adventurer, Will be back to this HIPCAMP again. 100% recommend to others both this camp site and the Web Site.
Very gracious hosts. The pool and hot tub were amazing! Our failed camping trip was saved by this gem! What an experience!! Almost felt like i was on a different planet that weekend. Definitely recommend!!
Things we loved:
- Kind, friendly hosts who seemed eager to please.
- Pretty surroundings.
- Clean fresh water that the hosts brought to our campsite.
- The pathways around the camp (to the shared campfire ring, to the toilet) were lit at night by solar lights, which was helpful in the dark.
- Warm outdoor showers were available. Just be aware you have to go to the main house and be escorted to the shower by the host. It's a fairly open shower area; might be a little uncomfortable for guests wanting more privacy -- but we didn't mind showering with the chickens :)
Things we struggled with:
- The pit toilet was on the less-than-nice side. Hosts did mention they were planning to clean it soon.
- Lots of mosquitoes in the evening (which is to be expected) but make sure you bring bug spray!
- Low signal / internet connectivity (again, this is to be expected in remote areas -- just flagging for future guests.) We use Verizon for internet and Google Fi for phone service.
Overall we enjoyed our stay!