Experience the Wild West in Luxury!
Whether your Family is looking for the adventure of Zion National Park or the beauty of Bryce Canyon, you'll need a place to relax at the end of the day. Whispering Pines Glamping Resortis easily accessed off HWY 89, but built away from the beaten path, surrounded by some of Utah's most breathtaking scenery.Centrally located, our resort is 20Continue reading...
Experience the Wild West in Luxury!
Whether your Family is looking for the adventure of Zion National Park or the beauty of Bryce Canyon, you'll need a place to relax at the end of the day. Whispering Pines Glamping Resort is easily accessed off HWY 89, but built away from the beaten path, surrounded by some of Utah's most breathtaking scenery. Centrally located, our resort is 20 minutes to Red Canyon and Scenic Byway 12, 35 min to Bryce Canyon, 40 min to Zion, 1.5 hr from Lake Powell and 2 hrs from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Along with the national parks, our guests enjoy all the activities we provide such as a horse shoe pit, many hammocks for reading and relaxing, 2 separate waterfalls and streams for the kids to play in. A 4,000 sqft grassy lawn to play soccer and volley ball. We also have a basketball hoop, a trampoline, a large swing, a tomahawk throw (adult supervision needed) a children tree hut with kitchen, beautiful hills for hiking, and a huge meadow for flying kites and playing kick ball. We even have special fairy huts and lightning bugs in the trees bringing that fun magical atmosphere to the young ones.
The large grassy meadow lying beneath the white cliffs is always full of grazing mule deer. Make sure to bring your binoculars so you can see them up close.
We have gone to great lengths to display some of the original history of our valley. The site is carefully decorated with original features such as the two seater out house used by Old Uncle Tom and his wife. Also, Seaman's Canyon was originally homesteaded by John and Alice Seaman in the mid 1800's. They had a lumber mill. We found their big pile of scrap wood and have made some neat displays of items commonly found in lumber mills at that time.
Whispering Pines Resort has 4 Conestoga Wagons for Glamping.
Our wagons are great for couples, solo adventurers, small families and even large family reunions. If your family is larger than 18 individuals, we have a large grass lawn for pitching tents and additional parking areas for campers as well.
Staying in a Conestoga Wagon is sort of like camping (but far more fun and comfortable),
1. Each wagon sleeps 4 with 1 king bed and 1 bunk bed (One of our wagons sleeps 6: 1 king bed and 2 bunk beds)
2. There's no water in the wagons, but you will be within 50 feet of a water hydrant and your private bath and shower room.
3. Each private bathroom has a shower, sink, toilet and heater. Towels will be provided.
4. Each wagon will have a small refrigerator and microwave. Each individual wagon campsite will include a BBQ grill, a picnic table and a fire ring. We have wood for you to purchase for cheap.
5. Grocery stores are 20 min away so make sure to stop at a grocery store on your way in. Coming from the North, shop at Panguitch, Coming from the south, shop at Terry's or Family Dollar in Orderville. If coming from Cedar City, shop in Cedar city.
6. There is a gas station only 2 min away that provides your normal gas station food along with some pretty good steak burgers, chicken wings, and hotdogs. If you are wanting to eat out, I suggest traveling 15 min to Duck Creek village where there is a great deli called Martin's Corner Deli. Hatch also has the Cafe Adobe (closed Sundays and Mondays and close sometimes at 7pm) so go early. Orderville has a great german bakery and a pizza place.
ABOUT US, THE BARRICK FAMILY -
(Fun History) 2016, Dr. Robert Barrick and Family of 6 kids left their 6000 sqft home on the golf course in Cedar City, and moved into a 700 sqft, 1960's hunting cabin off the grid. At the time, it only had one bedroom and a loft. With a record breaking winter (5 ft of snow) the Barricks grew close as a family and learned how to do hard things as they labored together to help build what you see today as Whispering Pines.
That first year proved to be a defining and character building time for them all. From their generator shed burning down leaving them with little power for over a month, to their daughter being attacked by a bear and courageously chasing it off the mountain. The Barricks had a year to remember.
As you sit and watch the deer peacefully graze out into the meadow, you can hear the wind whisper through the pines. Listen closely and you will hear Ol' Tom Haycock welcoming you to his cherished valley.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 18 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off