Wild Horse TIPI (16FT - for 3 campers) is designed for couples, friends, and solo adventurers, and dog friendly. You’ll love staying here because of the spectacular 360˚ views on a private 13-acre property. Conveniently and easily accessible directly off Hwy 89 (the bad, some traffic noise). Enjoy spectacular views of Red Rock Cliffs and the Sevier River from your hi
Wild Horse TIPI (16FT - for 3 campers) is designed for couples, friends, and solo adventurers, and dog friendly. You’ll love staying here because of the spectacular 360˚ views on a private 13-acre property. Conveniently and easily accessible directly off Hwy 89 (the bad, some traffic noise). Enjoy spectacular views of Red Rock Cliffs and the Sevier River from your hilltop private TIPI. Fifteen minutes to Red Canyon and Scenic Byway 12, only 30 min to Bryce Canyon, 45 min to Kodachrome Basin, 1 hour to Zion. * If you don’t see the date you want, check out our SOARING HAWK TIPI (4 campers max) or RUNNING DEER TIPI (4 campers max).
# # #
Staying in a TIPI is sort of like camping (but more comfortable), below you can read about what we provide and the basic items we recommend you have with you during your stay (not all are required, we leave that up to you to determine).
1. We provide 3 deluxe sleeping cots, two backrest chairs, colorful Southwestern style wool pillows, and colorful wool floor rugs. You need to bring a SLEEPING BAG or a good blanket (and a pillow if you need). However if you do not have a sleeping bag there are 2 communal sleeping bags you may use.
2. There's no water on site so you’ll need to bring your own drinking water. We suggest buying a gallon or 2 at a grocery store, you can use it to drink and wash your hands.
3. There's no shower, bring a wash cloth and use your water to wipe down if you feel dusty and dirty after hiking all day.
NOTE: SHOWERS are available at the nearby Red Canyon Campground on Highway 12, about a ten-minute drive from our TIPI site. They are "pay" showers requiring coins (quarters), but the facilities are clean and well maintained and there are parking spaces near the shower building. The cost is $2.50 for eight minutes. The showers require quarters. There is a change machine on site that accepts $1 or $5 bills.
4. There's no electricity onsite so, a portable battery charger for re-charging your phone is good to have. The solar-powered camp light we provided does have one USB charging port, it works at night as long as it gets a good charge during the day.
5. We provide a solar-powered light but it's not a bad idea to bring a small flashlight of your own because it is pitch dark at night if the moon is not out.
6. If you plan to grill, there's a small charcoal grill which we provide but you need to bring charcoal, a long stem lighter, and starter fluid.
7. If you want to burn a fire in the fire pit you'll need to buy fire wood (most stores here sell wood), bring some newspaper to get it started easily. The fire pit area is shared between guests so there could be some burning materials left behind but it's hard to say for sure.
8. Bring a trash bag, you'll need to haul your trash out with you when you leave. Local garbage dumpsters are located 3 miles South just before the town of Hatch. Turn right onto the gravel road just after you see the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary billboard.
There's an outhouse bathroom onsite, don't forget to bring a roll of toilet paper and hand sanitizer, or baby wipes. We provide those things as a backup in case you forget them or run out, but please don't rely on it, bring your own.
# # #
* There's no cleaning fee when you rent our TIPI because cleaning and tidying up is your responsibility before you leave.
* Be aware we'll be requesting the next guest staying after you informs us if the place was NOT left in good condition and the same goes for when you arrive, let us know if the previous guest did not leave things in good condition for you. If we don't hear from you then we'll assume everything was in good condition when you arrived.
ABOUT US, YOUR HOSTS: Brant and Gen. We live in Hawaii most of the time however Brant's Mom Jeannie and her husband David live on the adjacent lot, they will be your local co-hosts should any issue arise during your stay. We are always available to you via email, text, and phone.
OTHER INFO: Hatch (4 miles South) and Panguitch (7 miles North) are the closet towns. Both offer great places to eat and some unique shopping stores. Panguitch has several places we like to eat at, C-Stop Pizza, Cowboys Smokehouse, and Kenny Ray's. Note many local businesses are closed on Sundays and many restaurants close before 8pm. Major retail stores like Walmart are in Cedar City about 1 hour away.
That about covers it, please let us know if any questions come to mind.
Your hosts. - Brant and Gen
- Check in: After 12PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within an hour
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
You can fish along the Sevier River in several spots. Must have your own fishing gear and recommend purchasing a fishing license.
Bryce Canyon National Park is a 25 minute drive away heading North on Highway 89 then East on Scenic Byway 12. Zion National Pa...Read more
Antelope, elk, and deer roam the landscape frequently. It is also home to coyotes and rattlesnakes although thankfully they are...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Wild Horse TIPI near Bryce Canyon in Utah.
Utah high mountain desert climate. Camp site is located at an elevation of about 6,900 feet.
Gravel driveway, easy access for 2-wheel vehicles, RVs, and camper vans.
The vibe at Wild Horse TIPI near Bryce Canyon
Places to see near Canyon Base Camp TIPI Sites
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Amazing tipi and incredible views
The Wild Horse TiPi was an amazing stay. It was as advertised on the inside but the view was undersold. We sat outside the TiPi the entire evening just taking in the views. The temperature dropped at night (lower 30’s) but we were comfortable and stayed warm enough.
We would recommend this stay to anyone who is traveling to the area!
Best tipi i’ve ever slept in!
Phenominal evening at Wild Horse Tipi! It was clean, comfortable, well kept, we had such a blast! The view is incredible and the experience was a highlight of our road trip! We will absolutely be staying there again!! Thank you Brant!
Enjoyable, well located stay
Well located property right off highway, note that you may hear some highway noise but did not bother us. Porta potties were very clean and they had one for each tipi which was a nice bonus. Tipi was clean and nicely setup with bedding. Brant did a great job communicating and managing expectations. Would recommend to anyone who wants a fun tipi experience!
Very unique experience that was stress free in terms of access and comfort. The TIPI is comfortable and the site is clean and has a great view. It is also centrally located fr visiting several national parks. That, and the price is right!
Great sites and views. Many extra little things (lantern, long lighters, blankets, first aid, etc) the host provided were great and helpful, especially for those that may not come prepared as others (we didn't need the extra items, but wanted to call them out as being nice touches).
Communal firepit was great and the picnic tables were solid.
Recommend for sure.
This site was unreal. The view was epic. The tipi was beautiful. It was quite cold because it was up on the hill so make sure to bring layers but there were sleeping bags as well. It was a truly serene location and the sunrises over the canyon across the valley. I would highly recommend.