Once again, Jim was a phenomenal Host and went above and beyond to make our stay incredible. I was so happy to share this beautiful, unique property with my family—they're hard to please, being avid backcountry campers, but they're already talking about heading back to Songdog. The reliably-amazing sunsets, friendly pups Jill and Gypsy that hung out at our camp, and gorgeous landscape won 'em over on night one. Can't wait to head back and stay at Jim's new Tin Can Camp!
Wow, what a gem. Book it before everyone finds out how adorable it is. Here are the highlights / need-to-know's:
- Super, super private, nestled in a forest
- Two cots with pillows, bring blankets/sleeping bags
- No electricity but there is some lighting (bring headlamps)
- Most amazing outhouse I've ever seen (flushing toilet!)
- Full bars with Verizon
- A bit of a windy drive up from Placerville, but worth it
Christina is incredibly responsive and helpful. I'll definitely be back!
Had a lovely time at Paradise Shores' newest addition. This airstream is so cool and surprisingly spacious.
The airstream sleeps two (my mom and sister, in this case), but Veronika was fine with me pitching a tent in front. It's a pretty big space. There's no bathroom in this one but the communal bathrooms are close by.
You also get:
- beach front spot
- private chiminea
- 3 outdoor chairs
- picnic table
- all dish and cookware you could ever need (including coffee maker, hot plate, oven, fridge)
This listing is also 10 minutes away from Travertine Hot Springs and an hour from Yosemite. Great home base!
This is the most beautiful campsite I have ever been to in my life. 360 views, completely private. Highly recommend!
Some other good things to know:
- 2 mile hike-in so pack accordingly
- bring your own water
- if you arrive before 6pm you might have the option to pay a $20 porter to carry your gear/firewood up
- firewood bundles available for $10
Can't say enough good things about this incredible site. Will definitely be back.