My husband and I stayed 2 nights in The Cabin and would have easily extended our stay for weeks! We live in Philadelphia and were looking for a rustic but comfortable, off-the-grid but with lights, secluded but safe cabin getaway to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary where we could bring our dog with us. We are already planning to come back again!
- Jenna was available to answer questions and help in planning all along the way! (even when I was overthinking)
- Dennis met us outside with a big welcome to this property. You walk from the parking area down to the cabin (maybe 5 minutes), and then if you have a cooler and a few bags he brings them down by ATV. Walking down is the perfect way to start your cabin stay! We loved walking down the path with the LED lights leading right up to the cabin.
- Dennis gave us a nice run-down on the nuances of the record player and the lights in the cabin, gave us a couple of pointers about the fire and the hot tub, and was on his way!
- Dennis is always the helpful host, making sure we had enough fire wood, giving us tips on the workings of the cabin, how to get to the waterfall, the history of the cabin, and was always good for a story or a thought.
- The record player! Something for everyone. Or bring your own if you have favorites.
- Campfire cooking supplies. Cast iron skillets, pots, plates, silverware, knives, aluminum foil, and seasonings.
- The bed was so so comfy!
- Outdoor sink with stream-fed water supply.
- The hot tub! Start 3 hours ahead of the time you want to get in. It is worth the investment of time.
- An outhouse that is clean.
- The waterfall is so beautiful! We were the only people there. It felt like our own slice of heaven.
- Wake up at 6am one day and go outside to listen to the birds!
- Walk to the waterfall!
- Bring more alcohol and food than you think you need. You are not going to want to go anywhere for anything once you settle in.
- Do not visit The Cabin with an agenda. Let yourself unwind and have no plans. You don't need any.
- Bring a cooler for food and drinks, there is no fridge.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- You can hear some cars every now and then. Not anything to do about that... just something to know if your plan is to not hear any cars for a weekend.
- You might need an additional fan in the bed area of the cabin. It gets warm up there. You will need your own battery powered fan if you choose to bring one.