This campsite was perfectly adequate. With a few minor improvements, however, it could be really great.
- If you're looking for isolation, this isn't it. The map at checkout was deceptive, as we thought there would be more space between campsites. However, we could easily hear and see multiple other campsites, as well as the owner's house. Luckily our neighboring campers were quiet and polite, but it was very much a "backyard camping" vibe.
- It was advertised as having water -- but, it is well water and smells heavily of sulfur (ie: rotten eggs). So while technically potable, you will likely want to bring your own water (or some sort of filtration system). This should be noted in the description.
- Not all camp sites have the same amenities: example, our site didn't have a picnic table, while most others did. Not sure why this is the case.
- The fire pit at our site (#2) was right next to the dirt road where everyone drives their cars in and out. It was a very odd placement, not cozy or ideal. Would be better if moved a few feet away from the road.
- Our site had a single tree -- very little shade, but more disappointingly, we couldn't use the hammock we brought. It would be helpful to have a better description and layout of each campsite, instead of trying to guess which one we wanted. Not the owner's fault, but Hipcamp developers should consider adding this in the design. A brief description for each site, on the map at checkout, would be very helpful.