About Blue Mountain Private Camping
Private Camping, only one group at a time. 20 acres of a 47 acre property are set aside for guest campers. There is a stream that splits you from the property owner. Secluded but yet close to many things, 2 miles from the town of Palmerton, 2 miles to Blue Mountain Ski Resort, close to Beltzville State Park. Hiking trails, rock climbing and a nice stream are features of the site. Drive most of the way to the camp area, private parking and then a 5 minute walk to the site. Located in a conservation district, a low density residential area where many homeowners have over 20 acres.
Nearby activities include:
- Hiking on Appalachian trail (Lehigh Gap - Blue Mountain - Wind Gap)
- Ski, Mountain Bike, Ropes Courses, Laser Tag and more at the 4 season Blue Mountain Ski Resort -
Bike and walking along at Lehigh Gap Nature Center and along D&L Trail (Lehigh Gap - Bowmanstown)
- Shopping, dining and tours in the historic town of Jim Thorpe, also with Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway
- Kayak, Whitewater raft or tube in Lehigh River (Jim Thorpe, Bowmanstown, Slatington)
- Swim, boat or enjoy the beach at Beltzville Lake State Park (with boat rentals)
- Climb, hike around Glen Onoko Falls State Park
- See concerts at Penn's Peak
- Play Paintball at Skirmish
- plus Pocono attractions are only a half hour away.
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 1
- Accessible by: Walk
- Accommodation: Tent Only
- Check in after: 1PM
- Check out before: 1PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: None
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Weeknight discount: 25% off
The vibe at Blue Mountain Private Camping
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
One of the best camp sites I've ever stayed at! There was a cooler with water waiting for us on the picnic table as well as plenty of firewood. There's great views of the surrounding area! We woke up to an amazing sunrise, and then headed out to one of my favorite towns, Jim Thorpe. It's about a 20 minute drive!
Mark was very helpful. He left 2 coolers for me and my friends and was very accommodating. The location was beautiful and perfect for me and my friends. I highly recommend this location if you'd like a beautiful, peaceful, isolated camping experience.
Great place to camp. Very secluded and Mark was able to answer all of my questions for me before I arrived. He also had 10 gallons of water and a bunch of firewood for us. And it may sound like a strange thing to comment on- but not one person got a single bug bite in 24 hours! Plus lots of hiking and a lot of rock climbing. I will absolutely be going back again.
Great place for some R&R. I came here with my wife and dog after having some not so successful camping trips on public sites. This place was isolated enough but still close to many sites and activities. The host Mark was gracious enough to provide a stand up shelter as there was rain in the forecast. The ride in to the property was a bit bumpy but our Beetle made it through ok. We are definitely coming back here.
The experience at this place is my best camping experience in the US. The description is not as good as the place actually is. There is a creek and a tent over the table + Beltzville State Park nearby, though the property is so large that you can explore it for several days. The place is super private and Mark willingly responded to our additional requests ASAP.
If you want to have an A+ camping experience, I would highly recommend booking this place.