About Eclipse Tent Camp - Back Yard
Want to see the SOLAR ECLIPSE but don’t know where to stay? Come to our home and camp out in a fun, private setting with lots of amenities! My sister and I live in a secluded neighborhood west of Culver at the entrance to popular Cove Palisades State Park. We're offering a total of 8 backyard tent sites, 4 front yard tent sites and 7 RV sites on our almost 1 acre lot. Check out our aerial view so you can see just how perfect our spot is for eclipse camping!!
Each backyard tent site is 20x26 and located near the hand washing station and outdoor shower. Our adjacent 12'x54' deck is easily accessible to backyard campers. The portapotties are a short distance away. We are currently working on creating comfortable campsites that will line the outside parameter of the fenced yard with lots of grass in the center and one of two fire pits.
Delicious meals featuring grilled and smoked entrees will be prepared by my sis and her son (both amazing cooks!) and will be available for purchase for those who are interested. Meal packet information will be emailed to you once you've booked.
We have an IDEAL LOCATION:
- we're directly in the PATH OF TOTALITY with 1 minute 56 seconds of total darkness (maximum for our area is 2 minutes 4 seconds)
- we're less than 1 block from The Cove Corner Store, a small market with lots of rental boats, swim wear and water-related paraphernalia.....ice cream cones too!
- we're about 2 blocks to the 4,400 acre Cove Palisades State Park that includes several day use areas, boat ramps, swimming beaches, hiking trails and a scenic bike route with several overlooks of Lake Billy Chinook
- we're 2 miles from beautiful Lake Billy Chinook (it's part of Cove Palisades State Park) where you can fish, swim, hike, boat, etc. A free RV dump station is located on the way to the lake - very convenient!
- we're 4 miles from Culver, a quaint community with gas, 2 small markets, couple of eateries and a kiddy splash park. OSU and the High Desert Museum will be sponsoring a 2 day eclipse celebration here featuring science presentations, entertainment and children's activities. Culver is also hosting its annual Crawdad Festival on Aug. 19th complete with parade, food booths and vendors, live music and fresh crawdad meal.
- we're 9 miles from Madras, dubbed one of the best viewing locations in the nation! Madras will be hosting a number of eclipse-related activities including a big festival that you may want to participate in. You can take the back way to get there.
- we're 19 miles from world-class climbing at Smith Rock.....lots of hiking trails there too
- we're treated daily to breathtaking views of the Cascade mountain range and can actually see majestic Mt. Jefferson from our deck!
......and SO MUCH MORE!!!
We offer a number of EXTRA AMENITIES:
- FREE ECLIPSE GLASSES to all our campers
- ICE FOR PURCHASE which will be a rare commodity that weekend
- TWO FIRE PITS at night with lots of free firewood - bring your MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and we'll have some good old-fashioned music around the campfire!
- WATER MISTER for hot afternoons
- OUTDOOR SHOWER for all campers
- DELICIOUS MEALS for purchase (must be pre-ordered - all info will be emailed after your booking)
- PACKET OF INFORMATION mailed to each camping group with a map of our area, a map of our property, a Madras visitors guide magazine, additional information about staying with us as well as here in Central Oregon, links to eclipse websites, information about area activities, and very important links to live traffic sites with travel information, and much more! We want your experience here to be THE BEST!!
We hope you decide to stay with us - we're looking forward to making new friends as we share this special experience together!
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 8
- Accessible by: Walk
- Accommodation: Tent Only
- Check in after: 8AM
- Check out before: 5PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict (30 Days)
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 3
- Accepts bookings: 2 months out
- Response rate: 67%