About Tent Camp - Back Yard
Want to see the SOLAR ECLIPSE but don’t know where to stay? Come to our home and camp out in a fun, private setting with lots of amenities! My sister and I live in a secluded neighborhood west of Culver at the entrance to popular Cove Palisades State Park. We're offering a total of 8 backyard tent sites, 4 front yard tent sites and 7 RV sites on our almost 1 acre lot. Check out our aerial view so you can see just how perfect our spot is for camping!!
Each backyard tent site is 20x26 and located near the hand washing station and outdoor shower. Our adjacent 12'x54' deck is easily accessible to backyard campers. The portapotties are a short distance away. We are currently working on creating comfortable campsites that will line the outside parameter of the fenced yard with lots of grass in the center and one of two fire pits.
Delicious meals featuring grilled and smoked entrees will be prepared by my sis and her son (both amazing cooks!) and will be available for purchase for those who are interested. Meal packet information will be emailed to you once you've booked.
We have an IDEAL LOCATION:
- we're directly in the PATH OF TOTALITY with 1 minute 56 seconds of total darkness (maximum for our area is 2 minutes 4 seconds)
- we're less than 1 block from The Cove Corner Store, a small market with lots of rental boats, swim wear and water-related paraphernalia.....ice cream cones too!
- we're about 2 blocks to the 4,400 acre Cove Palisades State Park that includes several day use areas, boat ramps, swimming beaches, hiking trails and a scenic bike route with several overlooks of Lake Billy Chinook
- we're 2 miles from beautiful Lake Billy Chinook (it's part of Cove Palisades State Park) where you can fish, swim, hike, boat, etc. A free RV dump station is located on the way to the lake - very convenient!
- we're 4 miles from Culver, a quaint community with gas, 2 small markets, couple of eateries and a kiddy splash park. OSU and the High Desert Museum will be sponsoring a 2 day eclipse celebration here featuring science presentations, entertainment and children's activities. Culver is also hosting its annual Crawdad Festival on Aug. 19th complete with parade, food booths and vendors, live music and fresh crawdad meal.
- we're 9 miles from Madras
- we're 19 miles from world-class climbing at Smith Rock.....lots of hiking trails there too
- we're treated daily to breathtaking views of the Cascade mountain range and can actually see majestic Mt. Jefferson from our deck!
......and SO MUCH MORE!!!We hope you decide to stay with us - we're looking forward to making new friends as we share this special experience together!
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 8
- Accessible by: Walk
- Accommodation: Tent Only
- Check in after: 8AM
- Check out before: 5PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict (30 Days)
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 3
- Accepts bookings: 2 months out
- Response time: Within an hour
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at Tent Camp - Back Yard
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
What a fantastic weekend!
Thoughtful, well-ordered, efficient, friendly (I was treated like family, really).
Clean and the quiet time was respected.
I could go on and on.
Highly recommend any camp run and organized by the Solar Sisters.
We had a great time, and really appreciated Pam and Cherie. They made sure we were comfortable, and made the whole thing a more special experience. We were really just looking for a place to stay, to be able to see the eclipse, but Pam made it more fun, like all the people there were sharing a great adventure. I would definitely go back to do more things with Pam.