In Oregon’s high desert, where a creek carved canyon babbles beneath Ponderosa Pines and the fins of rainbow trout reflect the sun, you’ll find the tranquil Catherine Creek State Park. Come here to picnic, fish, hike or simply to witness the sweet face of nature in this awe-inspiring region.
Catherine Creek is a prime landing pad for nearby adventures, like the Union County Museum, the pioneer graveyards, the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, the Hells Canyon National Recreation Area, and the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest--don’t hold back, this is the kind of wonder worth luxuriating in.
Where Catherine Creek’s 20 primitive sites now stand, native populations once harvested steelhead and huckleberries. With the peaks of the Wallowa...
This park doesn't have any submitted photos—just yet.
No one? Bueller? Sharing is caring, y'all. Drop some Catherine Creek knowledge on us.
History of Catherine Creek State Park
Acquired in 1947 by gift from Union County and the E. S. Collins Estate. An additional parcel was transferred from the Oregon Highway Division as a park maintenance site in 1975. The area was once known as Presbyterian Flat. When owned by E. S. Collins, a prominent Portland lumber man, it was known as Collins Park. In 1932, Mr. Collins deeded the tract to Union County for park purposes. Partly due to problems in maintenance funding, the county deeded the land to the state. The area was developed for day use and primitive camping in the 1950's.