This site is for class A B and C motor homes only.. No tents facilities. Full hookups and plenty of parking. Our neighborhood is a residential area very close to the Great Smokies Mountain National Park and town. As the crow flies or the bears amble we are very close to the park borders. Some seasons if the food supply for bears is scarce in the park they will amble through theContinue reading...
This site is for class A B and C motor homes only.. No tents facilities. Full hookups and plenty of parking. Our neighborhood is a residential area very close to the Great Smokies Mountain National Park and town. As the crow flies or the bears amble we are very close to the park borders. Some seasons if the food supply for bears is scarce in the park they will amble through the neighborhood. Just leave them be, they are fun to watch from a distance. We do have a large dog that keeps them in the trees.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Black Bear Pad RV in North Carolina.
Places to see near Black Bear Pad
The vibe at Black Bear Pad RV
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
We had a really great time at Black Bear Pad RV! Ginger was a really great host who made sure the site was super clean and ready by the time we got there. The site itself was plenty big for our vintage truck camper and we believe it would be large enough for almost any camper. It was level as well and we really appreciated that the hookups were new and easy to get to.
The view from the site is the best part of the site. It's almost like you're at one of the overlooks in Smoky Mountain National Park which is nearby. The only difference is that you don't have to leave - you can cook your meals there, drink your coffee and sit around the campfire while the sun goes down. Side note: Ginger has plenty of firewood on site for you to use!
Sleep came easy to us as the site was quiet and the road nearby was infrequently traveled.
Though there are neighbors they were quiet as well.
We had a blast at this site (so did our dog!) and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a safe, clean, quiet place to park their RV within close proximity to Bryson City and Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Wonderful and lovely time with Host at Black Bear site! Extremely clean, great hook ups including sewer which was a nice added bonus. The view was incredible! The Host was so gracious and kind....we will be back. Felt like we met friends.
Thank you Ginger for you hospitality and kindness.
What an incredible place to stay. First, the location is perfect, just up the hill from Bryson City, the Deep River, and Great Smoky Mountain National Park. You'll have an incredible view of the mountains below. The property is perfect: a clean, flat gravel parking area with fire pit and full hookups for any RV - I was impressed by 50amp, 30amp and 20amp electric connections, good, clean water with great water pressure, and a standard waste hookup, just like the best RV parks. My Class A motorhome fit perfectly.
Most important though was the hospitality shown to me by Ginger and her family. They truly made me feel right at home, making sure I had everything I needed for a wonderful stay. I was there for the Great Eclipse and spent it with everyone at the Black Bear Pad rather than head anywhere else because everyone was so welcoming and friendly. We had a truly unforgettable time.
I can't recommend Black Bear Pad enough. It's comfortable, beautiful, and well set up, with a friendly host that provides terrific hospitality. Definitely first-rate.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I still can't stop thinking about what a great, great time my wife and I had at Gingers "Black Bear RV Pad" last week! I've got so many things to say that I had to make a list...
1) THE VIEW!!!! You park your RV and are greeted with the most breathtaking view of the south side of the Great Smoky Mountains!
I couldn't stop taking pictures. The sunlight and clouds and time of day make those powerful hills look different at any given moment. The view from the site alone is worth the price of admission!
2) Full RV hookup - water, sewer and any electrical you need just like the best resorts!
3) You are parking your camper right in Gingers backyard - her house and property are gorgeous and Black Bear Pad, as she calls it, is clean, flat and huge. It was enough space for our 24 foot travel trailer and F150 - no problem. Gingers has the whole place beautifully landscaped and manicured. It's really outstanding.
4) You are 3 minutes from downtown Bryson City which is the coolest little mountain town I've ever been to, with nice shops and great places to eat and 2 fine brewpubs! They do have a full size grocery store in town for anything you may need and the Great Smoky Mtns Railroad runs right through downtown. Bryson City really has a great mountain feel to it.
5) You are very close to the main entrance to GSMNP and Cherokee NC, but even closer (5 minute drive) to the Deep Creek Entrance to the park. There are easy and moderate trails to hike and bike here and three (3!) waterfalls. You can rent a tube to float down the creek ($5 all day) and swim here too (it's real cold water!) We saw a black bear on our morning walk at Deep Creek!
6) You are just 20 minutes to " the gorge" and Nantahala Outdoor Center - one of the premier outfitters in the US and some serious white water rafting. We chickened out on this - but next time?......maybe???
7) An hour away from the town of Asheville NC - a hot bed of craft breweries, great food and shopping.
8) By far, the best thing of all was the way we were treated by Ginger and her cousins Kathy and Jim. They made sure we had everything we needed and more. I feel like I have been given a seminar in true southern hospitality. I really can't wait to go back next year. I am hooked on the great outdoor beauty of the area, the mountain vibe and the southern charm of the wonderful friends we made! Thank You so much again Ginger, Jim and Kathy!
We hope all is well with you guys....
Jeff and Debbie
Black Bear Pad is a great site for an RV.
It has absolutely a spectacular view!
It has a flat level pad, electric, water and sewer hook up. Close to the river for rafting and hiking.
It is close to Gatlinburg, Cherokee and the casinos. Ginger was a great host and made sure we were comfortable and made sure we had everything we needed.
Black Bear Pad was amazing. And Ginger could not possibly be more hospitable. An amazing view. With a perfect location. Superb facilities. Well kept. Bryson City is a great city to visit. Definitely will be returning.
Ginger and Black Bear Pad exceeds expectations. We could not have been more pleased with the site and extend gratitude to Ginger for sharing such a special place with us. Great place and wonderful host! Could not have asked for more. It was a perfect place to land on our trip home after running from Hurricane Michael. We will return. :)
As advertised and more!
This sirte was a real treat to stay for two evenings. We only wish we could have met the host of this awesome property, who was unexpectedly called out of town. Everything advertised is available and was easy to find even without Ginger being home. The view of the Great Smokey Mountains was a breathtaking backdrop while we set up camp.
Downtown Bryson City is literally down the hill and around the corner. We arrived on the 23rd and the quaint little mountain retreat was just buzzing with Christmas excitement. Although we didn't get a chance to ride the Polar Express that seemed to be what most families had come to enjoy.
There is tons of hiking and kayaking/rafting options around, and we even saw a billboard for gold panning and gem mining. We do travel with our pup, and the majority of the nearby hiking is not dog friendly.
This trip was a great get away and if you are traveling and can get a reservation at the Black Bear RV pad jump on the opportunity.