Pitch your tent at Foxtail Community Farm, a working organic farm in the Great Northern Catskills. Unplug in a secluded off-the-grid setting surrounded by nature. More than just a place to camp, your visit offers you an authentic farm stay experience.
Please review all details before booking so you know what to expect from this unique farm camping experience!
The Bramble campsite is enclosed by wild fruit trees and briars, with grass and partial shade. It is private and out-of-view from our three other campsites. This site is the closest to the central campground area.
The campground is at the center of our farm, amid 50+ acres of woods, meadows, farm fields and a spring-fed pond. You'll be surrounded by nature - fall asleep to the hooting of owls, wake up to the clucking of hens.
The Bramble campsite has:
- room for up to eight people and three tents
- picnic table
- campfire pit (one stack of firewood per night is included)
- charcoal grill, matches, grill utensils, & grill chimney starter
- 5 gallon jug of drinking water (you can refill at sink by the barn)
- A hand-pulled wagon to tote your gear from the parking lot (¼ mile walk-in)
The central campground (shared between all four campsites) has:
- clean port-a-potty with hand washing area
- rustic camp kitchen with propane camping stove, coffee maker, basic cookware, plus assorted card and board games
- large open grassy areas with horseshoes, badminton, bocce, wiffle ball, and tractor-tire swing
You should bring:
- charcoal for your grill
- a secure cooler & ice for storing your food
- tent(s), sleeping bags, etc
- any food you wish to eat
Youcan or buy or rent from us:
- Homemade farm breakfasts (available weekends & holidays)
- Homegrown produce, eggs, chicken, preserves, and more from our farmstand
- additional firewood
- assorted camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, lanterns, ground pads, coolers, etc)
Ourcampground is rustic and off-the-grid. There is no running water, noshowers, no electricity or wi-fi, and cell phone service may bespotty. All sites are strictly walk-in: you will park your car andwalk to your site about ¼ mile (5 minutes). Guests have access to cold runningwater and electric outlets in the barn next to parking area. We provide a hand-pulled wagon to tote your gear that you may use throughout your stay.
If this site is booked or you want to see other options, check out our other three sites! The full campground (all four sites) is also available for large groups.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: None
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out Weeknight discount: 20% off