A raw, pine forest lining the bedrock banks of Port Leyden's Fowlerville Falls, just inside of the Adirondack park. The former site of one of Georgia Pacific's old logging mills, the property has private access to beautiful water falls, a large swimming hole just off of a large, Southern facing rock bank, untamed, clean pine forests, ATV and hiking trails, trout fishing and
A raw, pine forest lining the bedrock banks of Port Leyden's Fowlerville Falls, just inside of the Adirondack park. The former site of one of Georgia Pacific's old logging mills, the property has private access to beautiful water falls, a large swimming hole just off of a large, Southern facing rock bank, untamed, clean pine forests, ATV and hiking trails, trout fishing and more.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within 12 hours
- Response rate: 0%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Adirondack Waterfall Oasis in New York.
The vibe at Adirondack Waterfall Oasis
Places to see near David P.’s Land
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Such a wonderful find
Wonderful private oasis with gorgeous falls and tons on trails for beginners and intermediate. Well cared for, lots of spots to camp with trailer small rv or tent. Quiet and safe. Lots of firewood and fire pits. Must return! Glad doesn’t close on Labor Day!
Safe, private, stunning ........
We are not able to find enough superlatives to describe our 3 night experience here.
I do not think it would be for everyone but if you are people who appreciate the beauty that nature provides this is incredible.
It is totally dry camping or "boondocking" at its best. The cost for camping without any services was initially a deterrent but We are so glad we proceeded.
The waterfall is gorgeous but so are the woods and streams emptying into the Moose river. It is private and secluded and all yours.
Our 2 Australian shepherds were off leash the entire time we were there. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
One night we enjoyed a campfire aside the river watching the sky and then the fireflies.
David was quick to respond and answered questions readily.
We are a newly retired couple with a 24" Class C RV. This was our first HipCamp experience and we all ready want to return to the same spot despite the price. That certainly tells alot coming from an average retired couple on a fixed income.
Thank you David for sharing this spot. We found ourselves thinking about the history of the mill and the people who built and worked there.
So so beautiful!
This was one of the coolest places we have ever stayed! He is not kidding when he says you're staying right next to a giant waterfall! I have so many positive things to say about this place I can't even fit it all in one review - I've never seen so many stars in the sky, the river is beyond beautiful and perfect for a walk, and David is an awesome host! We are already trying to figure out when we're coming next! Thanks David!
A campers paradise!
We have been looking for a place like this for quite a while. We have an Airstream and dream of "boon-docking" but never seem to find the right spot. Not only was the property exactly as described - but it was even better than we had imagined! Our kids didn't want to leave and kept asking how we could stay forever. Between the shallow waters above the waterfall, the warm sunning rocks or the pools below the waterfall - there was something for everyone - especially the dogs! We caught fish, swam, played in sand, built wilderness forts, hiked, and relaxed. It was such a pleasure being away from the city and fear of Covid - we really needed the recharge - THANK YOU DAVID!
The best site. period.
Can't say enough positive things about the site.
1. For peace, beauty, and direct access to water, it is unrivaled. We camped ~25 feet from the edge of the river in a shaded, grassy spot. Between us and the river were enormous, flat stone slabs great for hanging out in the sun, having fires, and hopping into the river. the river is clear and the water temps run from cool in the morning to quite warm in the sunny afternoons. Right at our site there was a nice spot where the depth ran to about 5+ feet and we frequently jumped in from the slab to cool off.
2. You have a huge property completely to yourselves. Total solitude a huge plus for us. Upriver a few hundred feet is a bridge, beyond which is an area where locals were swimming, but we couldn't even hear their voices. Downriver from our site was a pair of amazing waterfalls with places to hike and get in the water. Great swimming spots at the bottom of both falls, cool and deep.
Coming from points west, it was amazing to think that a spot like this existed so close to us, only a couple hours' drive. Directions were clear and David was a great communicator. Had two excellent nights here and will be back for sure.