About Anasazi Ruin Family Glamping Cabin
Anasazi Ruin Family Glamping Cabin is located within the only twenty mile long gated box canyon in the Chama Wilderness. The cabin includes a completely equipped and carpeted kitchen, living room, and dining area under a 20x30 foot roof. The cabin has cold running spring water, table, chairs, cooking stove, refrigerator, pots, pans, tableware, propane barbecue, and fire pit bowl.
The rental is located on the site of an early 1900s homestead and is one of three vacation rentals we have in the canyon, with Ranch Wilderness Casita and Remote Wilderness Casita.
Unique at your camp site is a 1,000 gallon soaking pool nestled inside an earthen and rock open-air water storage area which was originally built by the ancient Anasazi Indians, with a breathtaking view of the canyon's 1,700-foot red sand stone walls. The pool is fed with continuously flowing cool spring water.
Gallina Canyon Ranch has been featured in many national and regional magazines, including New Mexico magazine, The Santa Fean, Better Homes and Gardens, Sunset, and Martha Stewart Living.
On rare days when heavy rain makes the road too muddy to travel, we will take you to the camp and leave with you our mud-friendly truck with tire chains for emergency use.
The specially designed protected play area for your children is at the ranch. You may walk or
drive. At the ranch is the community swimming pond, inflatable kayaks,
floating trampoline, Slither (a 17-foot water park floating snake on which children can
sit, stand, and walk), floating arm chairs, boogie board, and a sand box with children's toys.
The Gallina River runs right by this area where children love to play in the mud.
We supply towels. Not far from the pond is the ranch playground with swings, rotating
teeter totter, jungle gym, horizontal bar, hanging merry-go-round, donkey cart, pioneer
wagon, grape arbor, and chairs. WiFi is available in these areas.
- The camper includes king, queen, one single bed.
- A hot water shower.
- Solar powered lighting.
- Medium size, 8 cubic feet refrigerator / freezer.
- The fresh spring water is excellent for drinking. (There is no need for you to bring water.)
- There is plenty of table space for preparing and eating meals.
- Comfortable chairs.
- Wood fires are allowed in the fire pit bowls; we provide firewood.
- 46,000 BTU outside propane space heater.
- The kitchen is fully equipped, including salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs.
- Two coffee makers: drip and percolator, with coffee filters.
- Linen, including sheets, duvet, blankets, pillows with cases, wash cloths, bath and beach towels.
- Eggs and produce from our organic garden when available.
- Prior to your arrival you will wish to shop for all of your food, drink, and snacks for your entire stay.
- do not work in the canyon.
- If you plan on swimming in the soaking tank or ranch pond, please bring a bathing suit.
- The camp site is a zero impact area. It is important to us that you use the existing cow trails when hiking.
- We suggest that you bring head lamps if you want to read at night
- More Images web page.
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 1
- Accessible by: Drive
- Accommodation: Cabins & Lodging
- Check in after: 8AM
- Check out before: 11AM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict (30 Days)
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
The vibe at Anasazi Ruin Family Glamping Cabin
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!