This is Glamping and Tipi sleeping at their finest! This site is ideal for a couple of families, with parents in the tipi or safari tent and kids nearby in tents, or larger groups, who want separate sites, or a couple who seeks solitude in their own private site, far from anyone else. We have many combinations to make your adventure in the woods fit your group. Our property sits on a private and secluded, 60-acre nature preserve, resplendent with trees, trails, and hills. We are minutes from the Cannon River and Lake Byllesby County Park. What you may notice after the incredible beauty is the utter quiet and lack of mosquitos.
You will find a large Tipi and Safari Tent as well as 4 camping locations here. The Tipi and Safari Tent both have electricity, which means you can turn on lights, run fans, and power your phones. Enjoy the comforts of real queen-sized beds, (and sheets!) in both dwellings. The Safari Tent sits on a 24’ platform with a porch, comfy chairs and a loveseat inside. The 24’ Sioux Tipi is also on a platform. It is a comfortable living and dining space inside, with a couch, chairs, desk and a table for 4. Wood stove is operational in fall/winter/spring for warmth and cooking. The Safari tent is in view of the main house, the Tipi is totally private. There are three tent-camping sites in between the Tipi and Safari tent, on flat, soft, pine-needled flooring, and one in a separate and secluded ravine which is totally private. All camping sites have access to their own picnic table, chairs and fire-bowl. You will have access to "Central Supply" which houses some fun amenities such as horse-shoes, hammers and nails for Hammerschlager, croquet, frisbees, 1 gallon water jugs, small weber grills, etc. One of the most useful items in Central Supply is our transport cart - to smoothly and effortlessly wheel all your gear to your camping site!
There are 2 miles of private and remote, well-mowed, hiking, running or mountain bike trails. There is a private forest, walnut tree path, and three walking labyrinths on our site.
The area boasts farmland and forests, and our property has over 10,000 mature pine trees that were planted more than 30 years ago, which gives the campground a wonderful feeling of being in the woods, and yet has views extending for miles.
- Located five miles from Cannon Falls, MN – a delightful small-town (pop. 4,083) sitting along the beautiful Cannon River, south of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and known to be:
- A biking and river community, with many visitors enjoying the Cannon Valley Trails and Cannon River, stretching for miles in both directions, ideal for kayaking and canoeing
- A quaint small-town, with a popular winery with live music, dining options, post office, groceries, gas and an old-fashioned ice-cream store
- Three miles from Lake Byllesby County Park, the largest lake in Southern Dakota county. The Park offers a swimming beach, trailhead and campground. Great for canoeing, kayaking or paddleboarding.
- Forty-five minutes from the MSP International airport and even closer to regional airports, Rochester, Lakeville and Faribault
- Twenty minutes from Northfield, a 2-college town (Carleton College and St. Olaf) population 20,000., and boasting a great Saturday Farmer’s Market, dozens of fun restaurants, boutiques, bookstores, music venues, library and outdoor dining along the Cannon River….and, home to Parallel Partners River Innovation Center, our office
The P2 Rendezvous assures rest and rejuvenation. We encourage all visitors and guests to relax into the slower pace of country living. Live well here. Wellness, contentment and serenity will be yours at the P2 Rendezvous.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: None
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
The vibe at P2 Rendezvous and Retreat Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Wow! This is one of the most magical spaces. They have a safari tent, tipi, and multiple comfortable camping sites. The property is immaculate. Not a blade of grass out of place on their incredible property! We were greeted by our hosts upon arrival and given a tour of their serene property. They have several peaceful trails that they hope you explore and enjoy - one even ending in a labyrinth! We stayed in the safari tent which was incredibly comfortable. Each end of the tent was open to the breeze (with a screen) which made it cool during our June stay. One of my favorite features was the 'Central Supply' which was a shed that included fire pits, lawn games, water, and other amenities for you to enjoy. I think this is the perfect space to spend a few days and especially with a group! They are also open to hosting weddings and events which I feel would have the perfect camping/outdoor vibe.
This was a place of serenity and rejuvination. We found peace while exploring the paths that wind throughout the property and hammocking in the pinewood forest. The sleeping arangements were clean and comfortable. We saw the best starlit nightsky of the entire summer and several meteors.
Pat and Pam provided an extravagant space for my friend and I. It was everything and beyond what we expected! Pam showed us around the site and thoroughly explained anything we needed to know for our stay. Although we were only there for a night we did not want to leave! We stayed in the lovely safari tent which overlooks fields of wild flowers and plants which we also got to walk through. The trails made the stay even more fun providing us with an unexpected adventure! The front porch also gives you the perfect view of the sunset/sunrise. We watched the best stars from the porch as well. You can also open the back part of the safari tent which shows the beautiful little forest. We brought our hammocks and read amongst the trees and cooked dinner over the fire pit located at the s'mores bar. Everything was pure magical and warming. We will surely be returning very very soon, we were sad we had to leave. Thank you Pat and Pam for sharing this beautiful space to us.