Our 6 acre slice of heaven is off the beaten path in an agricultural and fishing community on the Union River, 15 minutes drive from Acadia National Park and Mt. Desert Island. This drive in camping listing includes:
- Dogs allowed
- Drive in access
- Fires only permitted in the fire pit using provided, branches and dead wood on the property. A hand saw or long handled loppers is recommended.
- Feel free to rent the canoe and paddles to explore the Union River on whose N. bank the camp site is found.
- Potable well water available
- Outhouse access
- Showers available at nearby YMCA
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 1PM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out Weeknight discount: 15% off
The vibe at Birch Gate Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Really enjoyed our stay in the meadow campsite. The meadow sits right off the main road and the driveway up to the other campsites, and although you can see your neighbors, it is quiet and peaceful. The meadow gets a ton of sun which is great for visiting This area in the fall as it will keep you nice and warm throughout the day!
Access and Convenience! The location puts you in a perfect location for trip to Mt Desert Island and Schoodic Point. Wood was provided for a fire at the site which is always a plus. The site is nestled into the woods with nice tree coverage and offers privacy that you can't find at most of the sites inside Acadia. I would certainly recommend this site for those looking to avoid the crowds of the national park.