Bring your RV, camper or tent and stay awhile! These sites have electricity!! Enjoy peaceful evenings on our farm watch the sunset or if you prefer watch the sunrise. Chickens run around, horses graze, and a few goats and cows line our pens and pastures. We are a busy horse farm during the day, training horses, teaching riders and caring for horses. If you like, arrangements
Bring your RV, camper or tent and stay awhile! These sites have electricity!! Enjoy peaceful evenings on our farm watch the sunset or if you prefer watch the sunrise. Chickens run around, horses graze, and a few goats and cows line our pens and pastures. We are a busy horse farm during the day, training horses, teaching riders and caring for horses. If you like, arrangements can be made for a horseback ride. If you like to fish arrangements can be made to go fishing in the pond located at the back of the pasture. Take a leisurely stroll around the farm enjoying the animals.
Site #1 on has 30 amp hook ups. It is located close to the barn.
Site #2 has 30 amp hook up. It is located close to the barn.
We now have washer and dryer available for our guest staying 5 nights or more. A toilet also available.
4th of July, you can get great view of the areas fireworks on the 4th of July--we do not allow fireworks on the farm.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 4 months out
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to Camping at the Horse Farm 30 amp
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Camping at the Horse Farm 30 amp in Kansas.
River, stream or creek
We have a small creek that runs thru the farm. It will not always have water in it. We do have a small pony for fishing.
Suburban or backyard
We are located on the city limits. Our main road is dirt. But when you arrive you will feel like you are in the country.
We have horses, cows, sheep goats, and a whole bunch more. We are a working horse farm teaching lessons and training horses.
The drive way is gravel, we get semi's in and out weekly so even class C's will have easy access.
The vibe at Camping at the Horse Farm 30 amp
Places to see near Camper @ the horse farm.
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
We had a wonderful time camping at the Horse Farm! We were shown around the farm, got to meet the horses and other animals and learn about how it all works!
It looked like it could rain so we were invited to put our tent in the barn, which was really nice. We had a great time! Thank you!
24 hours before our scheduled visit, the weather was predicted as 100% chance of storms. I contacted Cheryl with concerns of being in a field, and she offered to open her camper that is rented through Air BNB, but also offered to let us pitch our tent inside the horse arena. It was warm, quiet and dry! My kids were so impressed and got to meet the horses in the morning. Cheryl’s staff was very nice and they went out of their way to meet our needs.
Beautiful, relaxing and peaceful!
I can’t explain how peaceful and beautiful it is to stay at a place like this. Beautiful property with horses, goats, chickens, cows and more. I felt incredibly safe while I stayed here. The host is absolutely amazing and super helpful. I had such a great time and can’t wait to visit again! I definitely suggest visiting here to anyone. Side note: I was in a massive 38FT Class A RV and the property was able to cater to me very easily and had great room to maneuver around which is super helpful.
You need to camp here!!
This was our first time using Hipcamp and it could not have been better! Cheryl met us and showed all around the place! We are animal lovers so we could not have been more excited! The farm had beautiful horses, chickens, goats, sheep, cows, dogs, and pigs! We had so much fun with all of them! Cheryl put us out in a pasture all by ourselves. Some of the most private camping ever. If we ever come back to her area there is only one place we will stay!!
Tim and Lisa
I wanted to love this place, but...
I chose this place based on the description and the previous reviews. I was traveling with my 6 year old son for one last summer trip before school starts. I have a friend in Wichita, but instead of staying at the RV park close to her home we chose this place hoping for a wonderful, interactive experience on their horse farm. However, our experience was sadly nothing like the previous reviewers.
1. There was a gross amount of flies. I would expect some flies on any farm, but the sheer volume of flies around our site was disgusting. The fly trap that was hung on the barn was full, so it was not functional. I spent every day killing flies in our camper and vehicle. We couldn’t open a door without at least 5-10 flies entering the space. I had to go buy a fly swatter.
2. I absolutely adored the sweet dogs on the property, but the barking over night was terrible. I understand they are doing their job protecting livestock, but it was incessant barking most of the night. It interrupted my sleep and my son’s sleep 3 of the 4 nights we were there. At one point I finally got up, went outside at 4am, and tried to distract them away from our area. On Saturday night, they were literally just standing outside our camper barking at lightening in the distance.
3. My son is medically complex (special needs) and it is terrifying that we are locked on the property at night. If a property owner is charging for sites, then the renters need to be able to get on and off the property independently. The gate to the property is locked at night with a keyed padlock. If you ask the property owner to leave it open she will, but you are asked to lock the gate behind you in the evening. This makes me extremely uncomfortable. If we have an emergency after hours, how would we get out? This is a major safety hazard.
This place could be great with some changes. As it is now, I would never stay here again. We were told there’d be a meet and greet upon arrival, and that didn’t happen either. An employee met me at the gate and just told me where to park. That was it. We felt like intruders on someone’s private property.
We loved our stay out at the riding academy! The grounds were clean and well maintained, and there were multiple RV sites to choose from. The farm has such a fun variety of friendly animals; we had so much fun getting to love on them. Goats, chickens, pigs, sheep, mini horses, and a very friendly zebu call the farm home and are always happy for a visit. Across the street there are beautiful grounds to explore and wonderful shade, also perfect for RV camping.