Our thoughts and prayers are with the families affected by the fire in Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino Counties. If you or anyone you know needs a place to stay, the Hipcamp hosts below are offering to host displaced residents (and their animals), free of charge.
If you have been displaced by fire in Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino, please use this code HIPCAMPLOVESNORCAL to stay at any of the Hipcamps below for free. We're so thankful to these hosts, who are stepping up in a time of great need to support their community.
Looking for ways you can help victims? 7x7 put together a list of charities you can donate to.
Hosts Helping Fire Victims
- John and Leslie at Salmon Creek Ranch (Bodega Bay)
- John at Suglarloaf Mountain (Shingle Springs)
- Simone at Chanslor Ranch (Bodega Bay): Chanslor Ranch has space for 36 people in their barn and additional space for 100 people in the camping area. If you cannot find appropriate accommodation through our booking system, please email email@example.com.
- Jennifer at Fuschia Berry Fog Camp (Cleone)
- Kirk at Sundog Natural Building School (Point Arena): can accept reservations after Oct 21.
- Michele at Jug Handle Creek Farm (Caspar)
- Cory at The The Gypsy Ranch (Stonyford)
- Deana at Muirs Muse Retreat (Tahoe National Forest)
- Jeff and Angela at Columbia Flat (Spanish Flat)
- Katie at the Cob House (Gallaway)
- Matt at Wondernut Farm (Priest): Matt also has availability in additional cabins and camping space not listed on Hipcamp. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mackenzie and Mendocino Magic (Mendocino)
- Benjamin at Separate Star Point (Walsh Landing): All of the sites are currently booked, but please contact Benjamin at email@example.com if you have tents and sleeping bags. Here's a note from Benjamin: "Evacuees are welcome and will not be turned away. Evacuees will need a tent and bedding. If they do not have a tent, I have floor space in my home but blankets and pads are limited. Evacuees are welcome to contact me directly through email or check in with me in person at the ocean cove bar n grill where I'll be working to serve food and drink to everyone who already made their way out to the coast."
- Zoe at The Littlest Things (Carson City, NV)
- Christianna at Reinstein Ranch (Tassajara)
- Camilla at Capay Valley Cache Creek (Rumsey): Camilla also has availability at her B&B.
- Josh at Chef's Garden (Sonoma): Josh has room for 1-2 motor homes, but no campers.
- Judy at Garden by the Sea (Bolinas)
- Ashley at Big Mesa Farm (Bolinas): Ashley has rooms available in her home as well as some glamping and regular tents upon request. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dogs on a leash welcome!
- Mark at McCormick Creek Camp (Loma Mar)
- Sean at Croixpines Sanctuary (Sveadal)
- David at Rock Fortress (Okenden)
Hosts Helping Fire Victims and their pets
- Jamie at Sterling Creek Ranch (Durham): Sterling Ranch has room for several horses, as well as a vet on call who has experience vetting horses with smoke. Leashed or well-behaved dogs, please. Please call in advance. 415-412-4825.
- Montrese at WildTender Ranch (Pescadero): WildTender Ranch has room for 16 horses.
- Tim and Rebekah at Bar SZ Ranch (San Benito): Tim and Rebekah have a few tents and sleeping bags to offer, as well as room for large animals (dogs, cows, horses, goats, etc.)
Update 10/15 — California State Parks announced that they will be offering free camping at MacKerricher, Russian Gulch and Van Damme State Parks.
Are you interested in hosting displaced families for free? Please fill out this form.