We want to empower you to market your beautiful land, so we put together a guide with our top SEO tips. Navigate with the buttons below, and just shout if you have any questions at all.
Optimize your listing Offer discounts Share on social
Make your listing complete + competitive
✏️ Give your listing a unique, descriptive name.
Follow these key tips from Hipcamp’s Head of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Alicia, to optimize your names:
- For listing names, specific nouns and adjectives that make that listing both clear to the searching camper and unique among other listings is the way to go. Adjectives should aim for the thing that makes the listing special – privacy? Shade of old hardwoods? Sounds of a bubbling brook? Big enough for a party? Nouns should be structure specific if there is one (or not!)
- Examples of killer listing names for SEO:
- Private Wooded Tent Getaway
- Glamping Canvas Tent With a View
- Babbling Brook Tranquility for Tents
Your listing names do not have to be funny because people don’t Google puns (as much as we love puns). It can be super literal. Think about clicking on one of those listing names and getting what it delivers. It’s perfect for the user (and eventually Google).
See our complete guide to naming your listing here.
| || |
? Pro tip: Write a killer first sentence in your listing description
Your first sentence is the most important. Without reviews, it is what appears to Hipcampers on our Discover search. Without clicking read more, it’s what appears on your listing page. Here’s what Alicia recommends including:
- Why is your land special?
- Where are you located?
- See the full description-writing guide here
?️ Add local activities, events, and attractions to your listing description.
This increases the chances that campers will find you in local search results. Describe nearby activities and points of interest. Including these words will allow your listing to reach people who are searching for those attractions, and camp on your land.
Back to top ^
Offer discounts + promotions
? Offer a weekday discount to incentivize bookings.
This can be updated anytime in your dashboard, under ‘Pricing’:
We can also create discount codes for you:
- Create a discount for friends and family.
- Create a promo code for local, special events such as apple picking or fall harvesting.
- Have an event on your land? Mention it in your listing description, or create a listing specifically for your event.
Want to create a code for your camp? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help take care of that for you! If you create a promo code for your listing, a great next step is to share it on social media.
Back to top ^
Post about your Hipcamp listing on Facebook, in local Facebook groups, Instagram, Twitter, and more. To get started, here are some ways to get started messaging your listing beyond Hipcamp:
? Posting on Twitter:
- “Just signed up my [campground/cabin/yurt] on Hipcamp. Come camp with us! [link to your listing]”
- “We have availability for Labor Day at [your campground]. Book on Hipcamp! [link to your listing]”
- “It’s a beautiful time to see fall leaves at [your campground]. Book on Hipcamp! [link to your listing’”
↗️ Posting on Facebook:
- “Hey friends! Happy to announce that I just listed my property on Hipcamp, a company that partners with landowners to create new places to camp. I’m excited for my first campers to come! Send any adventurers my way…[Link to your listing].”
- Looking for a place to camp this Labor Day? We still have campsites available at [your listing]! [link to your listing].
? Posting in local groups and forums. Some examples include:
| || |
? Pro tips: Marketing your Hipcamp on social media
- Share your listing around key camping holidays, like Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, New Years.
- Think seasonally: are the leaves about to change in your area? Did you just finish up a big harvest have lots of extra veggies to share? Is there a big fair or festival near you? These are all great times to share your listing!
- You know what’s special about your property and your area—when would you invite friends to come visit? These are the best times to attract campers.
Have any tips of your own to share? Let us know by emailing email@example.com!
Back to top ^