The Endless Summer Camping Challenge is a nationwide call to contribute reviews, photos, recommendations and invite your friends to Hipcamp! The top contributor from August 7 – November 25 will win the grand prize of a 7-day rental from Happier Camper plus $5k in camping gear from brands we love.
In addition to the grand prize, there are tons of other ways and $10k+ in camping gear you can win through the end of November, including best overall photos, best overall reviews, top referrer, top female contributor and more. Winners will be chosen based on points, and overall quality of contributions.
Following the launch, keep an eye out for weekly themed prizes and challenges that will be added to this post and announced on our social channels and through our email newsletter. We’re stoked for your support in our mission to get more people outside, while upholding the Hipcamp values #LeaveItBetter.
How to enter
Earn points for your contributions.
Win gear from brands that we love!
|Add your photos, recommendations, and reviews to any public or private campground.||Earn points for each contribution to Hipcamp. Earn bonus points by referring your friends!||The top contributors (quality is important!) will win amazing prizes.|
Entering is simple! Enter by sharing your camping expertise when you upload reviews, photos, recommendations, and by telling your friends about Hipcamp.
Get stoked — the Endless Summer Camping Challenge kicks off a point system, where anyone who uses Hipcamp can earn points and earn rewards for contributing to the community. Keep reading for a full overview of the prizes, and our prizing partners, and check back as there will be more to come!
What you can win ?
?National Grand Prize
The top contributor (photos + reviews + recommendations) between 8.7-11.25.18 will win:
- Winner: Alicia S.
- Happier camper 7-day rental | Value: $2000
- $1000 credit from Hipcamp
- $1000 credit to Outdoor Technology
- Eureka! Camping prize package valued at $920 including a 4p tent, Rio Grande Air Bed, Cook Table, 2 Curvy Lowrider Chairs, Gonzo Grill
- Rovr Rollr 60 | Value: $400
- 7-Day SUP rental from Coozie Gear | Value: $165
? Best Overall Photos
- Winner: Katie C.
- Peak Design Travel Line Package
- Travel Backpack in choice of color (Black or Sage)
- Small Camera and Packing Cube Bundle
- Leash Camera Strap
- Capture Camera Clip
- Tentsile UNA Tree Tent ($200 value)
- $250 Hipcamp credit
Weekly Themed Prizes
Wk 1, August 7-12: Launch & Grand Prize Announcement
Wk 2, August 13-19: Dark Skies
- Winner: Alicia S.
- Prize: The astrophotography book on light pollution “Skyglow”, courtesy of International Dark Skies Association
Wks 3-4, August 20-Sept. 2: National Parks ?
- Winner: Chanel C.
- Prize: $380 value
- $300 Parks Project gift card
- National Parks annual pass ($80 value)
Wks 5-6, September 3-16: Camping is better with friends
- Winner: Elizabeth F.
- Prize: $804 value
- 2 Sierra Shacks, 2 Stonefly Chairs from Alite Designs ($550 value)
- 10″ camp oven and tripod from Lodge ($134 value)
- 2 speckled red camp cups and a white growler from MiiR ($120 value)
Current Challenge: Wks 7-8, September 17-30: Amazing terrain ?
- Winner: Kaelyn M.
- Prize: $310 value
- $150 United By Blue gift card
- Roo Double and Python 10s from Kammok ($160 value)
Wks 9-10, October 1-14: Glamping ⛺️
- Winner: Jennifer H.
- Prize: $1805 value
- Spring Bar Canvas Tent | $700 value
- Skull Art by Seth Patterson | $595 value
- Mpowerd | $120 value (4 Luci lights)
- Stumptown | Wayfinder Camp Kit (150), 2 bags of coffee (40) and the Cold Brew Floatie (35) | $225 value
- Mohinders | $165 (credit)
Leaderboards: Updated 10.14.18
|Top contributor |
8.01-11.25Win: 7-Day Happier Camper rental + $5k in gear
| || |
Win: $1805 in gear
| || |
What’s not to love? Happier Camper — the muse of our Endless Summer Challenge — takes vintage charm to a new level with their highly adaptable, modern pull-behind trailer. Plus, doesn’t the name Happier Camper just give you the warm and fuzzies?
What’s a campout without proper camp jams? Outdoor Tech makes amazing audio gear from the outdoors, we especially love the Turtle Shell Speakers, the Buckshot Pro Bluetooth Speaker + Light and everything that comes in Mossy Oak.
We first discovered Rovr coolers when we saw a photo of them appear on a campground review of the Windwood Ranch on Hipcamp. Our Brand and Community Manager, Julie immediately posted about them internally to the team, and reached out to Rovr. We’re so stoked on this new cooler that is the best of all cooler worlds and think you will be too!
Our friends over at Peak Design create thoughtful and delightful solutions for carrying your stuff. Specifically, we love their line of camera bags and equipment so you can be prepared for nailing photography while you’re out there adventuring! Check out their latest Kickstarter for their new line of travel bags here.
Tentsile combines the comfort and versatility of a hammock with the security and multi-person-occupancy of a tent. Our range of suspended shelters are unimpeded by wet, rocky or uneven ground conditions and will literally take your camping experience to a new level!
Photo by Justin Lewis
Each product purchased contributes directly to one of over 30 different conservancies across the USA, providing vital funding for the ongoing care of National Parks.
Outside made simple.
United By Blue
Q: Does it count if I upload a photo to a photo to a public campground?
A: Absolutely! Our mission is to get more people outside, and we feel just as strongly about getting people outside whether it’s at a public campsite, free camping, or camping on private land on Hipcamp. Share where you’ve been to help the Hipcamp community in their search for the perfect campsite.