I’m an equal opportunity friend! I welcome my vegan and vegetarian friends to join me around the fire so we can all share a tasty meal and make some good memories when we’re outdoors. 😋
A lot of people think that vegan or vegetarian food is complicated to make or that it has too many steps, and that can’t be further from the truth. ❤️ 🌿
When I’m planning a camping trip and after we’ve decided where we’re going and who is coming, I start a Google spreadsheet to plan the menu for our epic weekend. 🤓 I note who’s coming and if they have a dietary restriction and I delegate who’s in charge of what.
More often than not, a vegetarian or a vegan friend is tagging along so I make sure that if I’m gonna be responsible for dinners when we get there, we’ll have something to accommodate everyone. 😊
I’m the Foil Pack King™️, so yes, this is another foil pack recipe and this one goes out to my herbivore friends. 🤴🏽
Couscous, Brussel Sprouts and Carrots Foil Pack
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes plus 5 minutes resting | Total time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 2
Vegetarian, Vegans! They too deserve good food!!! And this pack delivers! It’s filling, it’s packed with tasty veggies and it can be easily adjusted to have anything you want in it! 😄
1 cup of pearl couscous
1/4 lb carrots
1/4 lb Brussels sprouts
½ cup veggie stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a piece of heavy-duty foil to a length of 12 inches curl up the edges by ½ inch on all 4 sides
- Oil center of foil which will help prevent anything from sticking
- Place the couscous in the center of the foil pack
- Mix and Place brussels sprouts, carrots and red pepper in a single layer on top of the couscous, season with salt and pepper
- Fold sides of foil up to create a “wall” and carefully pour ½ cup of veggie stock over the whole thing.
- Fold that baby up and get excited for dinner! Do not tightly wrap it, as there needs to be room for the steam to circulate within the pack.
- Using kitchen tongs place pack, seam side up, on the medium heat coals or briquettes.
- Cook on one side for 15 minutes at which point flip the pack, seam side down, and cook for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Using kitchen tongs, remove the pack from the coals and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly unravel the pack back open and allow the steam to release. The steam will be very hot, please be careful.
- Fill up a cup of nice warm cider and get your healthy meal on!
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll want to try some of my other foil packs! Make sure to check out 3 Foil Recipes for Campfire Cooking with Tinfoil.
See ya! 👋🏽