Nestled in the middle of the volcano rainforest on 6 acres. Fall asleep to the beautiful sound of the singing frogs. Sleep under the Majestic starry sky. Wake in the morning to a rainforest full of beautiful singing birds. You will meet and greet us at the Main Cabin where you can find a kitchen, bathroom, and wifi to your use.
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 3PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out Weeknight discount: 5% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Volcano Forest Inn in Hawaii.
The vibe at Volcano Forest Inn
Places to see near Volcano Rainforest Inn
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Quaint, peaceful getaway!
Tracy was incredible and her property is amazing! Nestled in the beautiful and quaint town of Volcano, her campsite at the Volcano Rainforest Inn makes for a wonderful getaway to enjoy nature and feel at peace! The campsite is flat and level and could fit up to 2 medium tents. It was wonderful to also have access to amenities in the main house (kitchen area and bathroom). Tracy was so kind and helpful! She texted me before my arrival with updates on weather and directions. She provided recommendations for things to do in Volcano and we have lovely conversation over a cup of tea :). I met her dogs and cats and she showed me around the property and even invited me to join her and her husband for dinner. Volcano also has lots of wonderful cafes and restaurants and art galleries and is really fun to explore! I was also so close to the national park! There were no other guests at the property while I was there but be aware the campsite is next to their private driveway and could be used by other guests. There is also plenty of room for parking at the main cabin. A great way to camp and experience the nature of Hawaii surrounded by gorgeous ferns and stunning Ohia trees as well as the sound of coqui frogs and light rain to put you to sleep! Thank you Tracy for a wonderful experience! Will certainly be back again!
Not as expected - good and bad
* The main reason I picked the site was for the location, but after reaching a dead end in the road I discovered the Hipcamp location was not correct - the real location can be found on G Maps searching the inn name. I intentionally wanted to stay somewhere outside of town and away from other houses.
* I wrote ahead asking if there was a place suitable for a hammock and said there was one, but when I arrived after dark and in the rain I was directed towards a machete and a path into the jungle. I doubt most campers arrive with the expectation of clearing their own site. I had to string up right in-front of the house and listened to dogs and people talking/moving in the house most of the night. The other campsites are also right on the driveway into the inn, so you won't be getting any privacy that way and will be subject to light/noise every time an inn guest transits the property.
* showers are listed as an amenity, but your options are either a guest shower if there's a vacant room or the host family's shower. The first night I went without because there wasn't one available.
* The hostess was super nice, had great stories to tell, and gave me access to amenities like breakfast that the other inn guests enjoyed.
* 5 minutes drive to the park entrance means you'll be one of the first at any spot in the morning