Welcome to the Blue Bird 1999 school bus converted to a budget vacation camp rental + hippie haven in paradise. The interior is minimally furnished with shelves, small open closet, drawers, mini refrigerator, basic kitchen needs, + one double-height queen-size air mattress. Cell reception is good outside the bus and WiFi router works well. Furnished with DVD player, old movies + music. Linens + pillows supplied with tissue, towel, soap, etc. Has "Lovable Loo" + camper-flush toilets. Priced at minimal 3-night stay.
GUEST ACCESS - Enjoy the outdoor dining table beside the bus. Fish pool, cooking area + solar shower too. Community swimming pool + toilet access is less than mile from bus to Nanawale longhouse. Sign in book under pavilion by pool.
* Need to know your estimated arrival time.
* Meet, brief tour + determine cookware, etc. needs.
* Clean dishes, haul trash, sweep floor, appropriately remove waste, + don't forget to rinse utilized bucket +/or toilet.
* Please do not take any supplies with you.
* If you do not have a vehicle, please gather trash + recycling for hauling. Happy to help!
BUS CAMP RULES:
* No cigarette/tobacco smoking inside bus (although 4/20 friendly).
* Use compost bin by solar shower for food scraps + biodegradables.
* Keep trash bin free of food + do not store rubbish outside of bus.
* Recycling encouraged, box or bin provided.
* Pet may be negotiable; inquire before booking.
- Check in: After 9AM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Strict (30 Days)
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 3
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
The vibe at Chic Eco Bus Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
This is a really unique experience and way to experience the big island. Know that Pahoa is not like Hilo or Kailua-Kona, it's in the rainforest in an area I'd almost consider rural (but still populated with a lot of people), so you'll enjoy the silence if you've been in touristy areas. There's great places to eat and you're very close to explore Volcano National Park. Delia is sweet and adorable and you can tell she really loves her lifestyle and takes pride in the site.