* We are currently working on providing restroom facilities and can only accept Self Contained RV's and Campers at this time* Located less than 10 minutes from the Suncoast Parkway to the West and US 41 to the East. Down a hidden gravel drive with wetlands on either side you will find a completely fenced in field surrounded by pine, oak, and swamp maple trees. There are two
* We are currently working on providing restroom facilities and can only accept Self Contained RV's and Campers at this time* Located less than 10 minutes from the Suncoast Parkway to the West and US 41 to the East. Down a hidden gravel drive with wetlands on either side you will find a completely fenced in field surrounded by pine, oak, and swamp maple trees. There are two ponds located on the property both stocked with bass, bluegill, and sunfish. The front pond is home to many natural Florida wildlife and is a great location to bird watch! The property is also home to several sheep and Pency the Llama. We also offer horse boarding or other livestock turnout for a small additional fee. Our neighbors, JG Ranch, offers U- Pick Fruit and Vegetables or a great selection of local harvest at their roadside stand. Smokey Acres grounds are roughly 10 miles from the famous Weeki Wachee Springs where you can spend the day at the local park or maybe float down the river with the manatees! Withlacoochee State Park and other natural preserves with trail access and kayaking are only a short distance away. Spending a day at the beach is easy with plenty of options along the Nature Coast. We’re also less than an hour from Tampa and Clearwater and 2 hours from Orlando. Perfect weekend get-away for anyone looking to “unplug”. Also, a great stop for those passing through the area. Smokey Acres is a close distance to many racing, livestock, boating and, fishing events. We have no problem accommodating whatever you’re towing!
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Suncoast Trail is less than 5 minutes from campground, with parking lot at trail head. Withlacoochee State Trail is also a shor...Read more
Whether you'd like a leisurely day on the river or an adventure in the Gulf there are plenty of boating options nearby.
Hiking to Caving we have it all local!
Too many options to list!
Out of respect for any other campers we ask that you don't use these on the property. There are plenty of trails close by with ...Read more
From springs to rivers and sandy beaches there are lots of swimming areas nearby.
Wild Turkeys and deer can be seen from your campsite but there are lots of animal sanctuary's nearby to get up close and person...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Smokey Acres Primitive RV Site 1 in Florida.
Prairie, meadow, or plain
A large clearing with ponds surrounded by trees.
We aren't a farm farm but there is livestock on the property.
The vibe at Smokey Acres Primitive RV Site 1
Places to see near Smokey Acres
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
We had a great stay at this campground! The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The tall and overhanging trees are covered in Spanish moss. There was plenty of room between sites and we felt like we had a nearly private spot. The hosts are incredibly welcoming and helpful.
Very nice quiet place. There is a little pond with a little duck that is so cute and sheep that sre also so cute. (Neither of them make much noise). Host was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area directed us to some flea markets and farmers markets. We actually liked it so much that we extended our stay another 2 days ^.^. We are definitely thinking about coming back here on our way out of florida.
Great secluded spot close to town
Great spot! Space for several RVs, a few rental campers on site too! They have a temporary composting toilet while they are building a permanent one, friendly animals on site (baaaaah), cute little pond with fish, close by to everything in town and very reasonable rates.
Definitely stopping here again!