About Lapidary Arts Camp
Escape to sunny Florida's nature coast where the pines meet the sea! You may want to spend your morning taking an arts class, experimenting in our lapidary or perhaps try your hand at making a sea glass or precious gem keepsake to take home. By the afternoon you can fish the Gulf of Mexico or collect fresh scallops for your dinner “al fresco”. Next you'll retire to your campfire and gaze at our star-filled sky. You’ll probably fall asleep to the sound of the peeper's evening lullaby and dream of what adventures may come on the morrow.
If you’d rather buy your dinner, the laid-back town of Steinhatchee is just a bicycle ride away. There you will find friendly down-home cooking with lots of seafood on the menus. You will also find small mom and pop taverns, gas stations, banking, fishing/scalloping supply stores, marinas, groceries, and hardware Depending on the time of year you could find live entertainment, kayak rentals, golf cart rentals, fishing contests and festivals to entertain you too.
Our property is situated close enough to our golf cart friendly town to be convenient but far enough away to enjoy what nature has to offer. We are not a commercial campground. We live on site in our campers and spend our days knitting, stringing beads, painting, and playing with rocks in the lapidary and other fun forms of art. We love having company, sharing the studio space and teaching. We have room for two other RVs or several tents. Boat &/or motorcycle parking is available. We especially welcome campers interested in lapidary arts but all are welcome.
Come join in the artsy-fartsy fun all you like. Open CLASSES are free but you may choose to donate to the studio to help with maintenance costs. There is a materials charge for most classes. There is a fee for COURSES which are extensive one-on-one in-depth week long learning experiences. Advance booking is necessary for courses. Fees for COURSES are $20.00 an hour plus supplies. Courses are conducted by a professional Gemologist. Some classes may be conducted at the beach so bring your beachwear and prepare to have fun in the sun!
• Bead making from precious gemstone rough (making beads from scratch)
• Sea Glass Creations (jewelry & sun catchers)
• Lapidary arts (rock whittling)
• Making scallop shell decorations
• Crocheting or knitting with Gramma
• Paper making
• Pearl stringing & close knot tying
• Beaded jewelry
• Macrame Jewelry
• Essential Knot Tying for Camping
LAP EQUIPMENT USE:
• Flat Lap (for grinding & pre-polishig)
• Double Wheel Arbor (for rough grinding & smothing)
• Trim Saw (for cutting larger rock into smaller pieces)
• Rotary tool & burrs (for fine hand detailing)
• Ultrasonic Drill (for making holes in beads, sea glass, stone & gemstone material)
• Rock Tumbler (for refining sea glass & stone)
• Polishing Wheels (for adding luster)
• Soldering Bench (for small findings)
• Beading Bench (for creating/stringing hand made beads from lapidary rough)
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 5
- Accessibility: Park at listing
- Campsite area: Bring your own Cars, Vans, Trailers, RV & Motorhomes
- Check in after: 1PM
- Check out before: 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 2
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out
The vibe at Lapidary Arts Camp
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
One of the best experiences I've ever had! The town is really nice, welcoming, and plenty of places to visit and eat at. Suz was an AMAZING host and provided me with absolutely everything I needed and went above and beyond to make me comfortable. A truly beautiful soul of a woman. The camper I stayed in couldn't have been more cozy. The bath house is so cute and believe me, you'll want to take seven showers a day just so you can take in the beauty and comfort of an outdoor bath house. Suz is a painter so everything is bright and colorful. Have yourself a fire, grill out, take a tricycle and ride out to town, or search for fossils in the driveway! A true beach getaway that I would LOVE to visit again and again!