First, about my farm name: My daughter had been reading The Chronicles of Narnia when we befriended and helped an orphaned little fawn, and she immediately named it Trumpkin, after one of the characters in Narnia. This is where her Trumpkin lived and grew up, and so this became Trumpkin's land AKA Trumpkinland Farm. Over the years a number of deer have come to trust us eno
First, about my farm name: My daughter had been reading The Chronicles of Narnia when we befriended and helped an orphaned little fawn, and she immediately named it Trumpkin, after one of the characters in Narnia. This is where her Trumpkin lived and grew up, and so this became Trumpkin's land AKA Trumpkinland Farm. Over the years a number of deer have come to trust us enough to get relatively close and eat with our animals. Come camp with your tent or self contained RV in our private woods or meadows and enjoy our wild and domestic friends, too, in the beautiful, magical inland northwest!
You can have total privacy, and yet be a short walk from the main farm and a short drive to local natural attractions. There are trails to explore in almost all directions. Some camping sites can be driven to, primarily in the upper meadow, depending on your vehicle. If choosing to be deeper in the woods, tent camping will work best in most spots, with a carry it in and park either in the meadow or down by the farm proper.
As this property is also a farm, if you run short of food supplies, or want to buy some of what is produced right here on the farm, there are many options for that! From the gardens to wild fruit foraging, farms are all about food.
Farms, camping, and the woods are also about relaxing. In this cannabis friendly state, if you choose to really RELAX, please relax respectfully.
With fiber animals in residence, handcrafted socks, sheepskins and an assortment of hand spun gift items are available for purchase. Periodically classes are offered on old time crafts; let us know your interests when you book your time with us.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 25% off
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to Trumpkinland Farm and private woods
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
I am 4 miles away from the Columbia River, with a boat launch in the small town of Northport. There are also many lakes in the ...Read more
I am minutes away from the Columbia River plus many different lakes for your fishing experience.
There is abundant hiking available on and beyond my property! You can hike in any direction from here, with varying terrain fro...Read more
There are many locations in the area suitable for climbers.
There are two ski resorts within a short driving distance. One is just across the border in Canada. (Border is 7 miles away.) N...Read more
There is swimming areas available in the afore mentioned rivers lakes and streams.
Abundant! If you are quiet in your camp, you will likely be visited by deer. There are all kinds of wild life in the area, from...Read more
Natural features you'll find at Trumpkinland Farm and private woods in Washington.
About half my property is wooded, and I am surrounded by forest and meadows. The dominant species of trees are conifers, with a...Read more
This is a working multi-species farm. I have sheep (of various breeds, as I am a hand spinner ), dairy cows, pigs, and more wit...Read more
Since I have a few cows, and a horse, some might refer to this as a ranch. It is more of a self-sustaining family farm.
Driveway and road coming in to my farm is dirt and gravel. Other roads on the property are more trails than 'roads'.
Places to see near Trumpkinland from Narnia
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
First of all, Fran is fantastic. She was so kind and a joy to talk to. Her property is beautiful with tons of space to stretch out and relax in peace.
Our 3 night stay was great. We travel back and forth from that area to home a few times per year and had been wanting a campsite we could go to instead of a hotel. We will gladly stop by any time we can.
Helpful things to know:
- We have Verizon and did not get cell reception on the property, but it picked up about 2 miles down Aladdin road toward Northport.
- The driveway is about 10 minutes away from downtown Northport, where you can find a gas station, small grocery store, hardware store, mercantile, and a bar. If you want/need more, you're gonna have to head to Colville (apx 45 miles away).
- Bring bug repellant. Mosquitos, flies, bees, and wasps are plentiful. We used Off! and had no problems.
- There are no defined campsites. Expect to carve something out for yourself. This can make your visit as private (or not) as you want.
- The best areas are only (safely) accessible by vehicles with a bit more ground clearance than your average car. We drive a stock '79 Dodge van and had no issues getting a perfect spot.
- This is a high fire danger area. It's very dry. We strongly recommend people avoid burning fires, even when there isn't a burn ban in effect.
- Fran works outside on the farm. For this reason, she doesn't always get booking notifications until a while after they've been sent and it may take some time to get directions sent out. Give as much notice as you are able and be patient. It is absolutely worth it.