Welcome to the River side camp. Here you will have private access to your own piece of the river. A 1km walking trail is located on the property. If you don’t feel like cooking or would like to enjoy a patio drink walk across the street to benmiller inn and spa. Many hiking trails, breweries and wineries nearby! Stargazing on clear nights, beautiful sunset skies and all the
Welcome to the River side camp. Here you will have private access to your own piece of the river. A 1km walking trail is located on the property. If you don’t feel like cooking or would like to enjoy a patio drink walk across the street to benmiller inn and spa. Many hiking trails, breweries and wineries nearby! Stargazing on clear nights, beautiful sunset skies and all the fireflies 🙂 Great Maitland fishing from your site! if you need to cool off put your chairs in the water and just relax! *send me a message if you have a question about pets*
What to do:
- Beaches in Goderich (5 min), Bayfield (15 minutes) and Grand Bend (30 minutes)
-Outdoor sports- Windmill Lake Eco Park
- Road cycling- Porters hill line to Bayfield
- Canoe or kayaking in Maitland River (if water levels allow) leave a vehicle farther upstream and canoe or kayak back to your campsite
- Fishing from your campsite or catching minnows or crayfish for kids
- Hiking trails nearby: Maitland trail (straight across the river), Falls Reserve Conservation Area (less then 5 minute drive), Naftles creek, Bannockburn Conservation Area, Hullett Provincial Wildlife area, G2G trail, Wildwood trail, Lobbs
- Craft breweries: Stone House Brewing Company, River Road Brewing and Hops, Bayfield Brewing Company, Square Brew
-Wineries: Maelstrom (15 minutes), 2nd Street Light Estate (5 minutes), Cornerfield Wine company, Dark Horse Estate Winery
- Farmer's markets: Bayfield Farmers' Market (Fridays 3-7), Goderich Farmers' Market (Saturdays 8-1)
-Local Local Local: Maitland Market (4 minutes) - local fresh produce, meats, cheese and bakery, Culberts Bakery, Bartliffs bakery, Bayfield Berry Farm
-Transportation: 519 tours (day trips) and Anytime taxi
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at The Riverside Camp in Ontario.
Places to see near The Riverbend
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Camping under the stars!!
Awesome time camping on this beautiful property. The night sky was breath taking. Lots of water around if that's your thing. Definitely will be returning. Thanks again for sharing your little slice of heaven on earth with us.
Thank you for a lovely stay!
This site is a dream! We have a 17 ft trailer and had no problem pulling in. The private site sits on the river. Although you can’t see the river from the site, there is a short little trail down to it with chairs to sit and enjoy. There are numerous fun birds and squirrels to watch and the firepit was much appreciated. Would definitely stay again!
Loved our stay on Shelby's land! Great location, close to Goderich and the beach. Walmart just down the road if you forget anything too! Firewood nearby for sale at a great price as well!
Just be known it's very close to the river and as such prepare for gnats in the mornings and evenings briefly.
What a great place to sit back and unwind. The river is lovely and is perfect for wading and creature finding. Depending on the time of year make sure you bring a screened room, bugs can be bothersome but if your quiet the room is perfect for bird watching which there are plenty! The lot itself is huge has great fire pit with chairs awaiting that first campfire. I’ll definitely be visiting The Riverbend again.
The area was really nice! We had our own little space which included a fire pit, picnic table and she also had chairs there for us already which we didn’t expect. There was a little trail by our site which led to the river filled with minnows and crayfish. It was close to Grandbend and the Falls Conservation area. We didn’t really like the port a jon only because we found it was very snug, not much room to clean yourself properly but it was well kept and useful. Overall we enjoyed our stay!