Right across the street from the climbing side of Pawtuckaway State Park, tucked in the woods of southern New Hampshire is Feathernest Forest at Mizpah Farms. Here on our cozy little family farm between the Magical Marsh and the Blueberry Bog we raise lots of wild things - like children...but also our own meat, eggs, and sometimes dairy. We currently have ducks, geese, chick
Right across the street from the climbing side of Pawtuckaway State Park, tucked in the woods of southern New Hampshire is Feathernest Forest at Mizpah Farms. Here on our cozy little family farm between the Magical Marsh and the Blueberry Bog we raise lots of wild things - like children...but also our own meat, eggs, and sometimes dairy. We currently have ducks, geese, chickens, and rabbits. It's a bit wild and unfinished 'round the edges...but then, so are we.
Fern Dance site is located in the corner of one of our rock strewn wooded pastures here at Feathernest Forest. It is just off the driveway across from the Parking Area. Both the Brooksong site and the Fern Dance site are visible from each other but far enough away to make each site a cozy little haven. Fern Dance has its own picnic table, 12' x 12' tent platform filled with wood chips, fire ring, benches, a string of softly glowing solar LED lights, and a hammock. It shares a porta potty, a bathhouse platform with NON POTABLE WATER for hand and dish washing, a large thermos filled with fresh drinking water daily, and a parking area with the Brooksong site. Both the Bath House platform and Parking Area are illumined with a strand of glowing solar powered LED lights.
Feathernest Forest is located:
- Right across the street from the climbing side of the 5,500-acre ancient volcano site Pawtuckaway State Park.
- 2 minutes from the Public Boat Ramp where you access the bouldering in Blair Woods.
- 5 minutes from Round Pond Road where you can park to access the Upper and Lower Cliffs, Boulder Natural, Devil's Den, and the Round Pond Boulders.
- 20 minutes from the Pawtuckaway State Park Public Beach and Campground where you can rent kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards. In addition to canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing, highbush blueberry picking from your boat, bouldering on glacial erratics, trad climbing, and top roping, there are also 28.8 miles of trails in the park for exploring, bird watching, wildlife observation, hiking, biking, trail running, horseback riding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling. NO MOTORIZED WHEELED VEHICLES ALLOWED IN THE PARK. Some common destinations in Pawtuckaway are the Fire Tower, Burnham’s Marsh, and the three mountains that form the ring-dike of the ancient volcano: North Mountain, Middle Mountain, and South Mountain. Maps of the park are available online.
- 25 minutes from the 10,000 acre Bear Brook State Park with 40 miles of trails. An ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds. Maps of the park are available online.
- 37 minutes from the bustling port city of Portsmouth.
- 45 minutes from the New Hampshire Seacoast where you find Hampton Beach State Park.
- 2 hours from the stunning White Mountains.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 15% off
You know what would make this trip even better?
Take advantage of these offers available to add to your trip to Feathernest Forest (Fern Dance)
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
We're only 45 minutes from the New Hampshire Seacoast
Places to see near Feathernest Forest at Mizpah Farms
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
One of the best
Hip camp signs to help easily find where to go. Lovely decorations and great vibe of the whole place. Good portapotty and beautiful outdoor sink. Platforms to put the tents on, provided hammocks. Host made us cookies and gifted berries as we left. Beautiful place, lovely host. Highly recommend. Bug spray recommended, ticks and mosquitoes in area but thats a given. 10/10
Farm fancy camping!
Wonderful hosts and a great site! Karen and family have gone out of their way to make a welcoming spot- complete with solar lighting around the campsites. There is a spot for washing hands as well as drinking water, which is nice when you have little ones with you. Their farm is also really close to the Pawtuckaway boat launch, which is a nice bonus. A couple of notes- as with most New England campsites, don't forget your bug spray and check for ticks- we found a few during our stay. Also, bigger family camping tents may not fit on the tent pad- if you have a large tent it might be worth checking with the hosts to make sure you will fit.