July 10, 2022
Great views and close to town!
We had a great trip at Tashis Cabin. It is very close to the highway and there’s a lot of car noise. The other cabins are a bit closer together than I was thinking. But we got over that all pretty quickly with how close to town and activities we were and the amazing mounts view! The cabin also was well equipped with any cooking utensils or linens we needed. I felt the cabin was really clean. It will was so nice to be able to be in the mountains and have a nice shower! I took my dogs on a walk up the private road. We didn’t hike all the way, but was nice to have a good place to walk with my dogs. We also had 2 kids with us. We went off roading on Hagerman Pass and fishing at Turquoise Lake. But there are so many more places we want to explore. We fell in love with Leadville.
This cabin technically met all our needs, but I'd label this closer to "adequate" than special. We spent a week here and it was one of 6 different rentals we stayed at this summer, so we had plenty to compare it to.
What we appreciated:
1) Plenty of space for the two of us, with a comfortable bedroom that was great for sleeping.
2) There were so many hummingbirds to watch from the front porch.
3) We never met Paul, but he was responsive and easy to communicate with and the woman we met, Carol, was very friendly.
4) Strong wifi, if that matters to you.
What we didn't love:
1) The cabin is right off Highway 91, which means there is traffic noise if you sit on the porch and/or open a window. This is not a back-to-nature retreat.
2) Cleaning was "suspect", which is important in a COVID era. It looked like they cut a few corners. Also, the kitchen was full of condiments, spices, etc from past guests and needed a good cleanout -- the worst offender had a use by date of 2014 but there were 8 or 10 things that were at least 2 years past printed date.
These things wore on us because we had a weeklong stay. If you're only there 2-3 nights, you might not notice but they definitely got more frustrating as the week went on:
1) The futons are definitely built for sleeping, not sitting in the couch position. If you sit on them for more than ~30 minutes, we ended up with sore backs (and we're young!).
2) The kitchen was oddly equipped -- the appliances were beautiful, high-end options but it was missing some basic hand tools (like tongs) and the knives were so dull we literally bought a new one at Walmart so we could prep some basic meals.
Overall, we didn't have a bad stay, but we wouldn't stay here again.
July 7, 2020
cozy cabin near Leadville
Tashi's cabin is AWESOME! Highly recommend! It's right off of highway 91 but with the door closed, the road sound is minimal (and there is not much traffic on it at night anyway). The kitchen literally has EVERYTHING for cooking and the wood stove is great for heat and ambiance! The beds are super comfy too. Will DEFINITELY stay here again!
July 6, 2020
Buckeye's Cozy, Romantic Cabin
Cosy and rustic cabin located very close to Leadville. Self contained with lots of games and books to read on quiet nights in front of the fire place. Beautiful furnishing and decorations.
The main road can be a little noisy during the day if you want to sit out on the deck, but not noticeable at night when going to bed.
June 8, 2020
Great cabin in Leadville.
The Tashi cabin was great. It has everything you’d expect, then some.
A nice gas grill, all the kitchenware and glassware, TV with amazon prime and Netflix available, log and gas heater for the cabin.
The cabin was also just about 7 minutes or less from a grocery store and the downtown businesses.
I’d definitely recommend this cabin and I’m looking forward to come back.
January 27, 2020
Buckeye's Cozy, Romantic Cabin
AMAZING SKI GETAWAY !
This cabin was an absolute dream ! Such a beautiful, rustic cabin located just 20 minutes away from Copper Mountain. A group of 4 fit very comfortably in the 2 bedrooms, and the fire stove kept us toasty warm throughout the weekend. Paul was an extremely responsive, amazing host - responding to all of our questions, and even coming over to help us get the fire stove going when we arrived. Make sure to download offline maps because there is a part of the drive with no service, even though we all had service (& wifi) at the cabin. Thank you for sharing your amazing property with us Paul! We will definitely be back.