Escape to the Cape RV is a single RV site with 50' of deeded beach access right on St Joseph Peninsula. Our location not only provides you with the wonderful sights and sounds of the Gulf Of Mexico but also amazing bay views and bay access right down the road. You'll enjoy many sunrises and sunsets without leaving the site! Book now to reserve your Florida RV beachfront par
Escape to the Cape RV is a single RV site with 50' of deeded beach access right on St Joseph Peninsula. Our location not only provides you with the wonderful sights and sounds of the Gulf Of Mexico but also amazing bay views and bay access right down the road. You'll enjoy many sunrises and sunsets without leaving the site! Book now to reserve your Florida RV beachfront paradise in Cape San Blas!
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 3 nights
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Escape to the Cape RV in Florida.
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Semi-private with great views
Overall we had a great stay here. We would definitely love to stay again. The question I was asked is: “Would you recommend this site to your friends”?
My response: I would recommend the site to some of my friends, but not to others. Here’s why:
1. The site while very level (we literally backed I with no need to level our trailer) could benefit from more gravel. This would significantly reduce the sand you will have everywhere. We stayed at another “on the beach” location the week before and got almost no sand in our camper and hookups because they had an adequate amount of gravel.
2. Below the shower head is so rusted out that it literally sprays you in the face with a high pressure stream that’s downright dangerous depending on your height. The owners stated they’d have it repaired at the beginning of our 9 night stay, but that didn’t happen. To be fair it was a holiday weekend and they don’t live close.
3. They stated the garbage is picked up twice a week on Saturday and Monday in the welcome message we received. We arrived on Tuesday and the can was overflowing with trash to the point the lid wouldn’t close. Saturday came and went and the trash was still overflowing. They said they have issues with the waste company not picking up. They may want to reconsider the placement of their sign which blocks the view of the trash can holder.
Aside from these nitpicking things….fantastic views, easy access to the beach, semi-private though right off the highway.
Fun family trip
A lovely beach escape! We come each year to scallop in the bay, but spending our down time on the beach was a perfect addition to our annual summer tradition. Our kids obviously had a blast and us parents enjoyed the ease of the site. The shower was much needed and appreciated to rinse sand off all our feet before entering the camper. Despite being close to 30E, the road noise was minimal. My favorite treat was viewing the stars at night on the deck - what a beautiful night sky and the most shooting stars I've ever counted. What a fun trip! Oh, and the kayak launch is quite handy to this site for those who want to explore the bay.
Can’t wait to get back.
Perfect low key site. It was a last minute spring break getaway. The location was great for our family and dogs. Very little foot traffic.
Shannon and Kevin were great host. Very quick to reply.