-Mountainous terrain with views of the Sangre De Cristo and collegiate peaks mountain range. -Beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets. -Amazing Starry nights. -Nearby cool mountain towns
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 1PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Jack and Codys Mountain Escape in Colorado.
The vibe at Jack and Codys Mountain Escape
Places to see near Jack and Cody's Mountain Escape
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Great property with caveats
It is a beautiful area. We were happy to get away and camp for 2 days with our friends. However, we were disappointed with the following:
- The website states that there is a toilet and kitchen in a treehouse. This is indeed correct but the treehouse, toilet, and kitchen are the owner's private residence. It was open when we got there but didn't feel comfortable using his toilet. The rest of the weekend it was locked and the host was not around. This is all well and good but with no toilet available everyone will be shitting in the woods and while some people might know how to dig a whole correctly, some people might not.
- The last 1/4 mile of the dirt road to the site requires a high clearance vehicle.
- Website states that the property contains 2 campsites, one with a great view. We booked the entire property - both sites - several weeks ago. When we arrived, we realized that there was now an extra site and we were told to camp on the lower site and the new site. The upper site with the nice view was occupied by other people. The lower sites had slated grounds and no view. All sites are close enough so that you can hear everybody.
- Our camp sites are not leveled as stated in another review.
- The site certainly has not ADA access :-)
In summary it is a nice property, just realize there is no toilet or kitchen facility, the road is pretty rough, and make sure you get the site with the view.
We loved it here. There’s a short hike to the sites through the woods. Cody showed us the way when we got there and then we didn’t see him again. He was super friendly and welcoming. There’s even a hammock! We’ll definitely be staying here again.
Fun yet disappointed
Site host was cool. The site itself was a little . . .chaotic. The top site looked great. My group was stuck with the lower sight which didn't have any views and was also on a slant. Water source was 20 minutes away no convenient fishing.
Amazing campsite location with beautiful views of the mountains all around. There is a short walk to the actual campsite but the path is easy to find with solar markers. And Cody was very helpful in showing us the location and was quick to communicate.
Site was better than expected! Cody met us at the property showed us around and then left us alone. Didn’t even see the other campers that weekend. Site was big with plenty of tree cover. The family and I had a great time! Will definitely book again.
Beautiful location and views
We had a very good stay and appreciated the opportunity to camp over the 4th of July, when most other sites were booked! Cody was accommodating and friendly, offering us a tour of everything and use of his treehouse facility, but mostly kept to himself. We loved the views and space allowed to us and overall it was very quiet even with a few other sites around.
As mentioned in other reviews, there are more than 2 sites here (At least 4 on the weekend we stayed) so it may be less private than you expect from the listing. It seems like first come, first serve so don't necessarily count on the location you booked. Additionally, one of his dogs was very aggressive to both dogs in our party so we didn't feel entirely safe letting ours roam, as we encountered the dog off leash a couple more times after the initial meeting.