We’re taking our brand new dome-style tents to Colorado’s stunning Island in the Sky: the Grand Mesa for our first Summer Camp! This area is a hidden Colorado gem, created by volcanic activity over 10 million years ago. The Grand Mesa is capped with basalt leftover from lava flow, making the area geographically diverse, and home to extraordinary lakes, rivers, climbing featu
We’re taking our brand new dome-style tents to Colorado’s stunning Island in the Sky: the Grand Mesa for our first Summer Camp! This area is a hidden Colorado gem, created by volcanic activity over 10 million years ago. The Grand Mesa is capped with basalt leftover from lava flow, making the area geographically diverse, and home to extraordinary lakes, rivers, climbing features, flora and fauna.
Our 13-week Colorado Summer Camp is nestled on private property at Electric Mountain Lodge, where our seven domes are tucked away from the lodge near a stunning pond and surrounded by towering aspens. Located at an elevation of 9,200’ and positioned at the gateway of the Grand Mesa National Forest, the property offers access to over 300,000 acres of multi-use forest right outside your dome’s door. The remote location, accessible by four wheel drive vehicles (high clearance not necessary), allows for a relaxing opportunity to unplug and reconnect.
To fuel up for your daily adventures, take a short walk to the Electric Mountain Lodge restaurant, featuring farm-to-table fare sourced locally in Western Colorado. At night, get cozy by the group fire pit, hop in the hot tub, play some pool or darts, or sit on your dome’s private platform and take in the starry night.
What’s Included/Not Included?
- Each ventilated dome is kitted-out with 4 camp cots, Coleman sleeping pads, camping chairs, coffee tables, CampChef Mountain Series Stryker (like a Jetboil), ENO lanterns, solar powered USB battery packs, misting fans, bluetooth speakers, rugs, and Unravel coffee stations
- Onsite restrooms and showers
- Onsite Host
- Not Included:
- This is a BYO sleeping bag, pillow, & towel experience. Make sure you bring these, or you'll have a rough trip***
What to Do On Your Trip - Electric Mountain Lodge will help you book these activities after purchase!
- Take a guided geology hike up Electric Mountain (complimentary for Gravity Haus Members) - out your front door
- Hike to Crater Lake & Summit Crater Peak - trailhead is 7 miles from the lodge
- Fish, kayak or SUP on the Overland Reservoir - 7 miles from the lodge
- Hunt for native cutthroat in Dyke Creek, Clear Fork of the Muddy or Hubbard Creek - distance varies from your front door to 5 miles from the lodge
- Mountain Bike the Terror Trail - 1/2 mile from the lodge
- Fly fish on the Roaring Fork, Colorado or Gunnison Rivers - locations vary
- Rent an ATV or Side-by-Side from Weekender Sports in Hotchkiss and explore the National Forest roads
- Participate in Yoga classes at Electric Mountain Lodge
- Get picked up by Colorado Detours for farm, winery or geology tours of Colorado's Western Slope - pickup at Electric Mountain Lodge, or meetup in Paonia
- Explore Colorado's newest mountain biking trail, The Plunge! This is a full day bike ride that is 37 miles long with 6,600' feet of descent - shuttle options available.
- Enjoy a Rafting, SUP or Kayak adventure on the Gunnison River in Gunnison Gorge National Recreation Area with Western Slope SUP - meeting locations vary from Paonia to Hotchkiss
- Whitewater Raft on the Colorado River in Glenwood Springs with Whitewater Rafting, LLC - 65 miles from the lodge
- Visit The Living Farm and local ranches and wineries to learn about the agriculture that sustains the area - 20 miles from the lodge
Stay for a day, a month or the entire 13 weeks!
- Check in: After 3PM
- Check out: Before 10AM
- Cancellation policy: Strict
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 2 nights
- Accepts bookings: 6 months out Weeknight discount: 50% off
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Gravity Haus' Colorado Summer Camp in Colorado.