Colorado winters can be rough...but packed in under snow and canvas can be a perfect escape! If you're up for the chilly adventure, then you'll love Winter Glamping at Monument Ridge. Off-season extras include reduced pricing, flexible cancellation, and heating elements for the tent. No camping gear necessary and sleds are available for our sledding hill, but bring winter cl
Colorado winters can be rough...but packed in under snow and canvas can be a perfect escape! If you're up for the chilly adventure, then you'll love Winter Glamping at Monument Ridge. Off-season extras include reduced pricing, flexible cancellation, and heating elements for the tent. No camping gear necessary and sleds are available for our sledding hill, but bring winter clothes and your favorite beverage to keep you cozy and warm.
1. FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION. Watch the weather. You may cancel within 24 hours to receive a full refund.
2. ADDITIONAL HEATING. Free propane powers both a fire pit on the deck and a safe back-up heater for the tent. Extra blankets are stocked to ensure cozy evenings, even if the temperature drops.
3. ACCESS. The driveway to your tent is a little rough, but we keep it plowed of snow for most cars to access. SUV-type vehicles will have no problem accessing your parking space, but smaller cars may need to park in our main driveway and walk to your tent.
4. SLEDDING. We have an awesome sledding hill with some sleds and toboggans available to use. The hill faces the East and melts the snow quickly on sunny days, so take advantage of it while you can.
5. NO RUNNING WATER. This is the roughest reality of winter glamping. We provide some bottled water when you check in, but bring your own for a longer stay. The bathroom consists of a smaller tent with a camping toilet for composting your waste, but a shower is only available during the summer season.
Your area is the full camping site (tent, deck, outhouse) with other areas of the property shared with the owners. The total property is a 6.5 acre homestead. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect:
* Tent. Davis Tent & Awning™ canvas hunting tent, 14'x16' size, set up upon a studded wood platform (not on dirt). A queen size bed welcomes you with two cots + sleeping bags for up to two guests (e.g. children). Two lamps on tables keep the tent lit at night. A breakfast bar welcomes you with kettle, complimentary coffee, tea and a few munchies. A powerstrip is ready for you to charge up your gadgets.
* Deck & Yard. Chairs are set up for you and ready to use. A propane grill can be used for grilling (of course) but we include a cast-iron pan with utensils in case you want to fry something up. An igloo cooler of water is provided for you, and we can refill it upon request.
* Privy. A Davis Tent "Royal Throne" Outhouse™ is set up with a Cabela's Camp Toilet™ with disposable bags to self-dispose. Toilet paper and freshener are stocked. No shower is available during winter months, but washing up inside the Royal Throne is doable. If you really want to escape camping and get a private 10+ minute hot shower, a Pilot station is just a few miles drive to the Baptist Road exit on I-25.
----------Other details of your space----------
* NO PARTIES — Only moderate drinking is allowed, and additional guests must be approved in writing in advance.
* Free Wifi with 25Mbps speed connectivity (password assigned upon arrival)
* Welcome basket includes some breakfast goodies and complimentary coffee.
* Camp kitchen includes propane grill (with free propane), pans, and utensils.
* Some paper products for cookouts (paper plates, paper towels, napkins).
* Clean and sanitary outhouse with clean camping toilet.
* Close parking within 20 yards of the campsite.
* Carbon monoxide, smoke alarm, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit onsite and stocked.
* Electrical powerstrips in tent for fan, coffee pot, hot water kettle, lights, and chargers.
* Fire pit with lawn chairs. Propane fire pit offered during fire warnings.
* Monument Creek flows through the property, waterfowl common, and deer and other wildlife are frequent.
* Mowed hiking trails on property through fields and to Monument Creek.
* Pets welcome! But we have a dog and outdoor cats, so they'll need to get along.
* One mile from Pike National Forest with hiking suggestions provided by owners.
* Public lakes within two miles (Monument Lake and Palmer Lake).
* Two miles from Monument restaurants, Walmart, and local attractions.
* Tons of tourist attractions short drive away.
We are living family life up the hill in the main house, but someone may be available to come help you with anything onsite. We are friendly people who love to meet our guests, but we also will respect your space and your privacy. We will never enter your tent during your stay. Always feel free to message us with questions or concerns.
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 10AM
- Cancellation policy: Flexible
- On arrival: Go straight to camp
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 3 months out Weeknight discount: 10% off
- Response time: Within 6 hours
- Response rate: 100%
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at PREMIUM Glamping at Monument Creek in Colorado.
Places to see near Chris & Wendy's Property
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Chris was a kind and thorough host. The site was as described and was a perfect place to stay for someone looking for a night outdoors without the trouble of hauling and setting up your own equipment. Highly recommend!
Fantastic stay - glamp by a creek!
BOOK IT. We had a wonderful time glamping at Chris and Wendy’s, it was so much more than we expected. The Premium tent was beautiful and sparkling clean with thoughtful touches like quilts, snacks, a telescope, and fire starters. The bed was plush, more comfortable than my own, and made to perfection - better than what I’ve seen at five-star resorts! I was in Heaven and that was before we sat back and enjoyed the grass, the mountains and the creek on the property. The biggest surprise for me was the heavy-duty water pressure of the propane-heated shower - wasn’t expecting that but was very pleasantly surprised! This would be an amazing getaway for couples, or for families with kids. We had our kiddos and dog with us and this was their favorite spot during our extended summer trip (the hosts have cots and sleeping bags for the littles and we brought a travel crate for the dog- plenty of room for all that and more in the tent). They loved every minute we spent there, especially the trampoline and zip line that the hosts generously allowed us to use. As for privacy, the Premium spot is 100 percent private. The other tents had guests on the nights we were there but we neither saw nor heard them - perfect. As for the hosts, they were very communicative before our trip, swiftly answering questions and providing suggestions. Wendy greeted us on arrival. She was very welcoming and took the time to give us a quick walk-through and answered our questions. They were also reachable by text. We had a perfect getaway here and can’t wait to return! Stop wasting time and book it - what a treat it was for our family. Thanks Chris and Wendy!