A few miles from town a serene place to retreat camping like the outdoors bring what you need water and food there is a lot and woods all around you can go on nature walks and get away from all the fast moving life and slow down and collect your thoughts quiet place with a fire pit place to run your fur babies
- Check in: After 2PM
- Check out: Before 1PM
- Cancellation policy: Moderate
- On arrival: Meet and greet
- Minimum nights: 1 night
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
Offered on the Host's property or nearby.
Natural features you'll find at Nelson Retreat in California.
Places to see near Nelson Sanctuary
If you stayed here and have some insider info for us, let us know!
Shabby, but comfortable and quiet
I was comfortable, slept well, and met two nice fellow campers. Fortunately, there was a couple camping, that were there to greet me, and give me the lay of the land. I arrived at,7:30, so maybe it was a little late for my host.
The property is pretty shabby looking, I'm sorry to say, but could readily be tidied up. Haul off the old not operating car, pick up any trashy looking things around the single wide, and maybe get a flower barrel with some simple nice plants, that says welcome.
I say "great", because I slept well, and the porta potty was nearby. I felt safe with the other campers, there. In a pinch, I'd set up my tent and sleeping bag, there, again.
The host could invest in the modest upgrades I suggest. I'll offer one more,: level out the designated camping areas, they're all pretty bumpy. (I happen to have a great sleeping pad, so it wasn't a problem.,)
Eros was very nice and the location of the camp was great, only a few minutes from town and the beach. Eros brought us firewood for the campfire which was nice. The spot is very quiet and we felt safe there. It is very simple, as previous campers have mentioned. A few things I wish I would have known were:
1. There aren’t actually 3 “sites”. There’s a parking area in the front of the property and the tent camping area is in the back, where you just kind of find an open spot. You can’t drive back to the tent camping area, which is good to know for people who want to sleep in their cars or have trailers. If that is the case, you have to park and sleep in the parking area in the front next to the port a potty.
2. The tent camping area in the back really isn’t flat. The property slopes a bit and we only found a couple flattish spots. The ground was generally very uneven.
3. There are a lot of miscellaneous “items” on the property, including old cars, and glass we found in several locations in the tent camping area and around and in the campfire. That was kind of a bummer.
All of that said, we had a fun time and if you’re looking for a simple spot this works.
A fine place to pitch a tent
The site is in a lovely spot. Great place to pitch a tent but don’t expect much more. There were other guests at the site and due to the covioid virus, we felt uneasy sharing the fire place with them. The ground is not completely level but was totally fine for the night. All that being said, both the host and the other guests were lovely
Comfortable and convenient!
Eros is a super sweet host! The space is just as described - there are all the basic amenities you would need and it's a great place to pitch a tent for a night or two! The location is convenient in a quiet part of town.
Simple site in convenient location
Eros was a great host. We booked last minute, so were happy to find a place to pop our tents in such a popular area. The property is very minimal, so don't reserve this if you're looking for an "amenity" type campsite. It's great if you just want something simple, safe, and in a convenient location. Tips- Please look at the instructions on the confirmation because there is no cell reception at the property.
This is a nice little spot if you want to grab some private area to camp and have a nice bonfire! Eros is very friendly and welcoming. There isn't really a view or a feeling of being out in the woods, but a very chill place to set up camp for the night. A big plus is it felt very private compared to a larger campsite with lots of folks around.